Any rumors on the Garmin descent mk3 display?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was surprised they didn't include the latest version of the heart rate sensor (the Elevate 5), allowing ECG and skin temp readings, that they've put in the latest Epix, Fenix, and many other watches. Why would they skip that here?
I am hesitating buying because of this.

I already ordered. sold the mk2 last week. it should be here between 7-10 days according to the website.

I am hesitating buying because of this.

Me too. Unless there’s a legit technological reason, I don’t understand it. The whole rational for the watch (and the price) is awesome dive computer and awesome fitness/smart watch in one package. It feels less awesome when they leave out a key health feature they’ve been touting hard in all their other high end watches.

As previously posted, the MK2i has a dark bezel coating which easily scratches showing the silver Titanium metal underneath.
If I'm going to wear this new Mk3 watch as a daily, I don't want it to look like it's ten years old after a year.
I hope they've address the ruggedness of the coating to make it tougher.
Personally, I would have preferred no coating on the titanium case.

The price of the mk3i has shocked me a little bit. I was on the verge of buying the mk2i as the news of the closing release date of the mk3. Now I'm not sure about getting the mk3i.
The only update of the mk3i that interests me is the drive fitness feature. I would rather buy the mk2i, but it's old but now. Wondering about how much longer will it be supported. (I've got an older smartwatch, which after 5 years isn't able to send me my notification anymore)

The mk3i is nice though.......

The price of the mk3i has shocked me a little bit.

How so? It's $100 more than the Mk2i, with a significantly upgraded display and other new tech. Both are big ticket items, obviously, but it's not like new generations of product lines tend to be less expensive than (or even stay the same price as) what they are replacing.

How so? It's $100 more than the Mk2i, with a significantly upgraded display and other new tech. Both are big ticket items, obviously, but it's not like new generations of product lines tend to be less expensive than (or even stay the same price as) what they are replacing.

Not quite sure where you took that from, but the mk3i here is eur350 more expensive and the t2 is eur 100 more.

To me, that's more than a bit. It's three years and a lot of inflation further, ok. Better tech, sure. Much better screen, of course. But to me eur350 is just too much. There is a point where it just gets ridiculous and to me Garmin just passed that.

I was very much looking forward to this watch, as my trusted Suunto D6i is getting harder for my old eyes to read in murky water and i warmed to the idea of having an all-in-one device.

So, unfortunately, I'm going to give this one a pass and look for something else to suit my needs and take my money.

Not quite sure where you took that from, but the mk3i here is eur350 more expensive and the t2 is eur 100 more.
The US Garmin website lists the large MK3i at $100 more than the MK2i. Though, the MK2i does currently have a $200 rebate. T2 is $100 more than the T1. Just comparing MSRP, though. The MK3i (large) with T2 is $200 more than the MK2i with T1. MK3i also comes in the smaller face, so if that works for you, you could save a bit.

Yes, I was just comparing the watch-only MSRP in the US, which is a $100 difference. The prices for both the Mk2i and Mk3i are definitely near (or well into) ridiculous territory. It’s easier for me to accept if I think of it as what it really is — a top of the line fitness watch to wear 24/7 and a dive computer in one package.

Back
Top Bottom