Any reviews on Pelican's Nest Villa house reef?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have drooled at that property on VRBO before. It does look awesome. I think it is on Chez Hines which is boat dive only nowadays. That should keep enough pressure off of it to remain in good condition.

Hopefully someone will respond that has dove that exact area but until then.

I stayed at a condo a short way (north) up the beach on my first trip to Bonaire seven years ago. We were very pleased with the house reef Chez Hines at that time, especially with the south section.

Last year when they opened Delphins, just south of Pelican Nest per map, we were disappointed with the reef. The sealife and coral was sparse with alot of coral rubble.

We stayed at Pelican's Nest in July and it was Great! House is beautiful, owner Matthew is a easy going guy that picked us up from the airport and took us back. Put some food and beer in the house as we requested. He set up a taxi for dinner our first night as we haven't had a chance to go get our rental truck. All the rooms are nice. We would stay there again in a heart beat.

Not to mention Delfins Beach Resort is a short walk South of the House with a nice Bar and It also has a nice house reef.

Chez Hines is an easy dive right off the back of the house, great for a nice night dive.

Attachments

• Pelican.jpg
    Pelican.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Pelican2.jpg
    Pelican2.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 135
  • Pelican3.jpg
    Pelican3.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 73
  • Pelican4.jpg
    Pelican4.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 75
Hopefully someone will respond that has dove that exact area but until then.

I stayed at a condo a short way (north) up the beach on my first trip to Bonaire seven years ago. We were very pleased with the house reef Chez Hines at that time, especially with the south section.

Last year when they opened Delphins, just south of Pelican Nest per map, we were disappointed with the reef. The sealife and coral was sparse with alot of coral rubble.
We had a similar experience at Delfin's Resort house reef. That dive site can be real iffy. Since it sits so close to the point, it is very exposed to weather conditions and can get pounded by huge waves. We went there to have lunch one day and planned to dive afterward. 4-6 foot waves were pounding the entry. We decided to head north about 1 mile and conditions were pan flat. It is also a pretty good kick out to the drop off from Delfin's, again due to its proximity to Point Vierkant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom