Any reviews of the NHeO3?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ECpirates96

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am looking for a less conservative computer due to mine leaves me doing long half stops and very little time on a second dive even set at 1.6. The NHeO3 seems to have everything the VR3 had and more at a lower price. If I spend much more than this unit I will jump to the Shearwater. Anyone out there using a NHeO3 for open circuit?

Just get the Shearwater... its the best computer out there, and it's the simplest one to use. Contact me if you want one.

I dive with a NHeO3. This seems to work OK for my needs.

Positives:
Screen.
Intuitive to use.
Flexible gas selection.
Flexiblity to set what is on the screen when you dive.
The price.

Negatives:
It imposes deep stops on deco dives. These do not correlate with my planning software. I have been locked into guage mode as I stuck to my original dive plan. You cannot change the deep stops.

The NDL times are low, but initial deco will tick up very slowly.

Conservatism settings are factored in by adjusting the gas mix it uses for deco calcs. Not ideal.

Battery life is about 20 dives. Replacing battery results in the memory being reset. It then assumes that I have no residual nitrogen from previous dives! I have learnt to plan in advance for battery changes.

The temperature sensor doesn't work. All my dives (even under ice) are recorded at 78.

Overall I am still happy with it.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom