Any recommendations on products that keep your regulator stages and octopus safe. Like a storage box maybe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just received my Aqua lung legend MBS, excited and want to get something where I can keep it safe and protected to last years.
Have you checked that the dive center you are doing your OW with in August is OK with you using your own teg, and that it is DIN?

Just received my Aqua lung legend MBS, excited and want to get something where I can keep it safe and protected to last years.
You don't really need anything special, either to store the reg set in or to travel with it in.

At home, you can just hang it up indoors (a hook on a garage wall is fine) after post-dive cleaning, or pack it in a plastic tub with your other dive gear.

When traveling, you can just nestle it between clothing items in your bag (whether checked or carry-on).

Regs are tough machines; they don't need to be babied. If you really want to give them their own padded box, you can do that, but it isn't necessary. There are padded "regulator bags" you can buy. Deep 6 offers a latched Pelican-like box that fits their regs.

I'm with the "don't need to baby them" crowd.

If I am driving to a site without putting my gear together first, they are just kept in an inexpensive regulator bag that I use to store them between dive trips. When I fly to a dive site, it is in my checked bag, nestled among the clothing. The nestling is partially to protect them, but mostly because they are awkward to pack without taking too much space. I never thought of taking the hoses off the way Ron does. I might try that.

I see no reason to put them in carry on luggage. Why lug all that weight?

Congrats on the new regs!

At home, I "store" my regs in an otherwise unused chest-of-drawers. Drawer is lined on the bottom with a couple of old bath towels (for padding). The shiny stages wear old salt and pepper hiking socks. Regs are stored with hoses as loosely coiled as possible. Spare hoses are "stored" in the same drawer.

If I didn't have the spare chest-of-drawers, I would probably purchase one of those Army surplus, plywood footlockers (the kind that has a removable tray up top), and use it for all my gear that will fit.

For local diving, I transfer things to plastic milk crates.

For travel that involves an airplane, I make sure the regs are padded with my clothes.

The only real concern I have is for the mouthpiece, and I keep a spare mouthpiece in my save-a-dive-kit (which travels with me).

rx7diver

A few nails plenty of air

009 (4).JPG

without sealing the moisture in with reg caps

I use a Canon camera bag lol. Lightly padded and large enough to casually roll up the reg/octopus/spg/lp hose

A padded soft CPAP case is great for regulators and computers when traveling.

It’s in the same crate as the BC, fins, weight harness, hood, and drygloves, with the fins holding my mask, computer, compass, mirror, and defog. Grab and go dive box.

During dive days, I usually put them on top of the dive bag or box. Wetsuit over them for padding during transport. At home, they sit loosely coiled on closet shelves.

I do have reg bags that I use for transport occasionally, but I’ve mostly repurposed them as tote bags to throw other lose dive stuff in the larger bag or box (spools, spare stuff, lights, the “loose” stuff). So, get a reg bag - it’ll come in handy for something!

Back
Top Bottom