Any recommendations on products that keep your regulator stages and octopus safe. Like a storage box maybe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigAladdin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just received my Aqua lung legend MBS, excited and want to get something where I can keep it safe and protected to last years.

I store mine hanging to avoid hose stress, on tank or with wetsuit if traveling to site in car, always in carryon for flights, so I have not found any reason to get a case or box for them.

I use a ScubaPro regulator bag. I hang the regulator bag in my office closet. When I go to a dive site, the regulators stay in the bag until I am ready to attach them to the cylinder. On the way home the regulators are in the bag and when I get home I clean everything and allow everything to dry before storing in my office closet.

you can get soft sided padded regulator bags or hardshell cases with foam (like pelican style)

Regulators aren't especially delicate and don't need any special protection. Just use some common sense. I take the hoses off mine when I travel just because it makes them easier to pack, which means they end up stored that way at home between trips.

I just use a run of the mill soft side regulator bag (the second cheapest one). grab both hoses on either side of the reg, hug across your chest with them, dress them up into a neat loop and place the whole shebang into the bag. I've done several airline flights, and had them in a soft reg bag on several ****** bumpy truck rides with no ill effect. They're pretty rugged things, and the bag is mostly to keep them orderly in my main dive bag. The important part is that you make sure there are no stressful abrupt bends/kinks in vicinity of the joint with the first stage.

I use Harbor Freight tool bags. I put my weights in the bottom, regs on top, it has pockets for flashlights and cutting tools and other odds and ends.

Milk crate coiled up. Leave the cap off for a few days to let inside dry.

Plus side is when you get home you can just dunk the whole thing in water to soak/rinse whatever and then set somewhere to dry (don't forget to cap them them when soaking).

For my two traveling regs I use a small soft sided cooler packed into my carry-on when traveling....so once at my destination, I also have a small ice chest. My computer just goes into a sock and then in the cooler with my regs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom