any oklahoma divers here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

**Repost from private message sent out**​

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You will love Athens scuba if you love wreck diving. Though its not deep (I only found 23 feet last week) it does make up for it by being an underwater playground.

You can see most of the park in 2 dives but again if your looking just to get wet this is the place to be. Water temperature right now is running about 60 degrees on the surface with a slight dip to 57 at 23 feet.

They have everything you could possibly want in a dive adventure as town sits vertually 1000 feet away. There are restraunts, a walmart, hotels and just about anything else you would need in a small quiet town.

Camping is a sinch there too as its only 5 dollars to camp onsite over nite with access to a fully functional and clean restroom and shower. the shop is tiny but they make up for it by cramming merchandise so tight you can almost not walk into the store LOL.

In May they are also going to submerge an aircraft for their next big adventure (Photos on the site) and are going to invite certified divers to suit up and sit in the plane as it is placed in the water and enroute to its final resting place for the entertainment of divers the world over.

If you go in the summer it is on my list of best places to dive for comfort since there is no thermocline and the temps will be upper 80s to lower 90s in the water with no change at depth. This means that for most people its comfortable in a bathing suit (Or well if you dont get caught ehhhhh LOL you get the point)

Anyway if I can help any more just let me know. I hope you will enjoy the trip

**Repost from private message sent out**​

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You will love Athens scuba if you love wreck diving. Though its not deep (I only found 23 feet last week) it does make up for it by being an underwater playground.

You can see most of the park in 2 dives but again if your looking just to get wet this is the place to be. Water temperature right now is running about 60 degrees on the surface with a slight dip to 57 at 23 feet.

They have everything you could possibly want in a dive adventure as town sits vertually 1000 feet away. There are restraunts, a walmart, hotels and just about anything else you would need in a small quiet town.

Camping is a sinch there too as its only 5 dollars to camp onsite over nite with access to a fully functional and clean restroom and shower. the shop is tiny but they make up for it by cramming merchandise so tight you can almost not walk into the store LOL.

In May they are also going to submerge an aircraft for their next big adventure (Photos on the site) and are going to invite certified divers to suit up and sit in the plane as it is placed in the water and enroute to its final resting place for the entertainment of divers the world over.

If you go in the summer it is on my list of best places to dive for comfort since there is no thermocline and the temps will be upper 80s to lower 90s in the water with no change at depth. This means that for most people its comfortable in a bathing suit (Or well if you dont get caught ehhhhh LOL you get the point)

Anyway if I can help any more just let me know. I hope you will enjoy the trip

Well, based on your review above I want to give it a try!

Hi Sooner. Welcome to ScubaBoard! Im from broken arrow myself :)

Hello New to Diving is there a Group that meets at Beaver Reservoir, also I am interested in Diving TenKiller

There are several of us on here that head down to Beaver fairly regularly. I am planning some trips to Table Rock, also.

DW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom