Any of the health care workers on here care to lend me some assistance?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I could do that (although not my first choice).....anybody mind renting me a room? Is that what you do Colin (you said based on experience)?

Thanks for the info.....that site has a few good listings but is very hard to navigate (you look at a job posting and you loose all of the search results and have to start over) That's kind of a pain.....

Anybody else have any other suggestions? I've got a few things to check out tomorrow, but more would be better.

Hey fellow Medic :wink: Are you a Medic or EMT? I am a EMS Lieutenant for Indian River County. The two Hospitals in my area hire Medics and sometimes EMTS. Plus are county will be testing for new hires next month if your a Paramedic? Let me know

Diehl:
Hey fellow Medic :wink: Are you a Medic or EMT? I am a EMS Lieutenant for Indian River County. The two Hospitals in my area hire Medics and sometimes EMTS. Plus are county will be testing for new hires next month if your a Paramedic? Let me know

Actually I am an Intermediate EMT. The only problem I have is that I don't have National Registry for it or for Basic EMT. Since I took the class more than 2 years ago, in order to sit for the NREMT exams I would have to sit through a refresher course (which is not offered (at least publicly- I know some fire departments offer it to their people who fail the test, but it's closed to "outsiders") here in Indiana where I am at now). I was told the NREMT was a requirement to get your license in Florida (correct me if I am wrong).

The other problem I have is that I am practically broke (I've spent the past 9 months working for my family taking care of my grandfather and the pay was spotty at best) which is why I was looking for a temp/seasonal job which would provide me a place to stay (I know they do this for nurses during the winter at some hospitals and I have been told they do it for RT's too.)

I appreciate everyone's help. It's been nice to see that there are still people out there who care enough to try to help someone in need.

medic_diver45:
Actually I am an Intermediate EMT. The only problem I have is that I don't have National Registry for it or for Basic EMT. Since I took the class more than 2 years ago, in order to sit for the NREMT exams I would have to sit through a refresher course (which is not offered (at least publicly- I know some fire departments offer it to their people who fail the test, but it's closed to "outsiders") here in Indiana where I am at now). I was told the NREMT was a requirement to get your license in Florida (correct me if I am wrong).

The other problem I have is that I am practically broke (I've spent the past 9 months working for my family taking care of my grandfather and the pay was spotty at best) which is why I was looking for a temp/seasonal job which would provide me a place to stay (I know they do this for nurses during the winter at some hospitals and I have been told they do it for RT's too.)

I appreciate everyone's help. It's been nice to see that there are still people out there who care enough to try to help someone in need.

Yes you need your NREMT to sit for the Florida test sorry. But that just started a few years ago. When I became a medic 15yrs ago things were alot easier. My advise is see if you can borrow the money to sit for the refresher course and take it to florida.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom