Any of the health care workers on here care to lend me some assistance?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medic_diver45

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a request: if any of you are health care workers and know of any hospitals in Florida who use seasonal contract employees (respiratory therapists specifically) to supplement their staffing, could you please point me in their direction. I can't stand the idea of spending another freezing cold winter up here in Indiana (not to mention there are no jobs up here) but I don't have the money to find housing for myself until I get my first paycheck.

It's one of those catch-22 between a rock and a hard place kind of situations and I feel trapped. Or if anyone has a room-preferably above the local dive shop- to rent out (and are willing to accept back payments :wink: ), let me know..... I get the feeling the plan I had to go to the Virgin Islands (not sure yet, just a gut feeling) is gonna fall through and I want to go somewhere else I can learn to dive.

Heck, at this point I would be will to work on a dive boat as a mate or a salesperson in a dive shop or something.....I need a job! Things are getting tight financially, I have a fiancee (who will be staying up here in Indiana to finish school) and a duck (more on this some other time) to support.

Hey Medic,

Have you thought about using a contract agency? Most of them even supply living quarters or an allowance for housing as well as benefits. Been thinking about it myself for the near future.

chuckrt

I think they needed some EMT's and ambulance folks here in central florida/orlando area. look up rural metro ambulance.

There are plenty of high profile hospitals and outpatient facilities in So. Fla. You might want to do a google search and also check out some of the health recruiting agencies here.

This is the website of one of those many high profile hospitals..
http://um-jmh.org/JHS/Jackson.html

The ambulance thing was something I thought of too, but the problem is I am not nationally registered as a medic and basic EMT's don't make enough money to bother with moving for. The other problem is that since I don't have the NREMT credential, I couldn't get an EMT license in Florida anyhow.

As for the contract agencies, I am talking to one now- and getting nowhere fast- (and have talked to several recently) but they all tend to blow me off when they find out that I have spent the past 9 months taking care of my grandfather (which included doing some of the very things RT's do in hospitals and more)- Who knew having a heart could screw you over? That's why I am looking at working for the hospitals directly.

Oh, and Chuck, stay away from Cross Country Trav Corps if you do travel, unless you want to go to somewhere like Gallup NM or somewhere similarly unpleasant. Plus the lady (her name is Nicole) I dealt with there was very rude, condescending and nasty.

I am almost at the point, or past it depending on what day of the week it is, where I want to find something totally unrelated to RT to do until I get my degree done and can get into dental school. I love my job but I am tired of the BS (which is worse in this field right now than probably any other- except politics maybe)

Try going to medstaffinc.com you will want to go to Allied Health once you are on the website...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom