Any news on Oasis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpassov

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know what's going on with the former Oasis store in N. Phx? All the equipment is still inside with the doors locked. Is anyone going to take over that location? Is the equipment going to be sold off?

I live in the area and would love it if a new shop took over.

JP

Rumor was that Ultimate Dive and Travel was looking at the location, but if the shop is locked, who knows whether it happened.

It's like the twilight zone - Amy hasn't addressed any issues in more than two months, the bankruptcy was dismissed (not discharged, dismissed) because she failed to file the list of creditors by the deadline, to my knowledge it's stayed dismissed, the landlord apparently hasn't done anything with the property they now own,
nobody's got a nickel they've been due, and other than that, it's same old, same old.
I wonder if the landlords are taking care of the pool, but the heater was stolen a while back as well.
I also wonder about the compressor - whether that's turned off or it's sitting there with 3500 psi in the bank.
All in all, a huge mess. I don't personally expect another store in there - there's been more than enough time for somebody to open it up, and I would guess that as an inducement to not have to fill in the pool someone could probably go in and have the equipment gratis. Just a guess, though.
I swear I ought to write a book. Treachery, deceit, love stories, alcohol, travel, it's got it all, except a little dog name Rufus and a boy named Scotty:D

Are there any customers left who didn't get what they paid for?

I swear I ought to write a book. Treachery, deceit, love stories, alcohol, travel, it's got it all, except a little dog name Rufus and a boy named Scotty:D

Are you sure it's not a boy named Rufus and a dog named Scotty? :rofl3:

I thought the Tempe store was sold and is now without any connection to Oasis?

Scuba Magic occupies the former Oasis (Tempe) location. Scuba Magic's owner negotiated a new lease with the landlord, obtained new vendor contracts, and purchased some of Oasis' assets. It does not appear that Scuba Magic's owner was an officer or director of Arizona Aquatic Adventures Association (the name of the corporation that operated as "Oasis"), and it does not appear that he had any ownership interest in Oasis.

Hello ScubaBoard members,

Just a quick post to let you know of a new LDS opening within our local Phoenix area. AZ Divers has it's doors open for business. Its located in the old Oasis Divers location, but is under completely new ownership and management.

Hours: Tues - Friday 11 - 7
Saturday 10 -6

Phone: 602-971-DIVE (3483)

Website: is AZDIVERS.com, It's still under construction, but come back to visit often as it's growing and being developed daily.

Come by and say "HI" and help build another local LDS that we can all call part of the local dive community.

Hope to see some old faces and dive buddies!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom