Any New Philippines Aggressor info?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you! That's one of the best functions of ScubaBoard, in my view. Perhaps some others who shared your trip will post trip reports here and/or on Undercurrent.org. Not to tar and feather the boat, but to make plain what the trip at that time was like.

I hope they improve their operation, and that future trip reports reflect that. I believe they will. When guests repetitively run into the same types of problems, it becomes a matter of self-interest and efficiency to fix/streamline the processes. Especially the serious ones.

The boat looking worn wouldn't have bothered me. Raw pork is a health hazard, and the smell of diesel fuel getting into your stateroom might well be. The outlet offering and need for an adapter for many people should be added to the Know Before You Go document. For your room to often smell of toilet drainage...ugh. That needs fixing. Being told you could pay fees by credit card then finding out you can't could be a big hassle.

I'm curious about this:

I was once on a liveaboard elsewhere where one of the staff dove and via spearfishing returned with some mackerel type fish. He was going to share it, and I anticipated it'd be cooked, but it was pretty much laid out and the side cut open. He sensed I was not gonna eat that, and said 'Let me guess. Where you're from, that ain't food, that's bait.' Yep.

What I'm getting it is this:

1.) Was the snapper just badly undercooked, or completely raw?
2.) Is that an inappropriate way to serve it?
We had uncooked food also, as well as food that was left out (Aug 1 2023 trip) which resulted in several of us sick in our cabins on at least 2 occasions. Also the local/dive crew wouldn't eat the food and instead had the one Philippine chef cook them local food after the guests went to sleep... should tell you something...

We had uncooked food also, as well as food that was left out (Aug 1 2023 trip) which resulted in several of us sick in our cabins on at least 2 occasions. Also the local/dive crew wouldn't eat the food and instead had the one Philippine chef cook them local food after the guests went to sleep... should tell you something...
Wow. I am sorry you had to go through that but I am not surprised.
It's a shame they still haven't changed a thing.
Never again will I book with Aggressor.
Customer service is also severely lacking.
I know a lot of people have excellent experience with other franchised boats but I won't take that risk again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom