Any months to avoid when trip planning?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been in Jan, Feb, March, April, May, June, Aug, Sept & Dec. Favorite time to be there is anytime we can be :wink: Actually, if I HAD to chose, it would be late Feb early March. Weather is just about perfect and the Eagle Rays are still around in numbers. Summer is very hot and humid and we've been eaten alive by mozzies on some trips. We're going next month (my wife's birthday is early Jan so that's a good excuse for a trip in my books) and crossing our fingers for no nortes. During the winter months, we always fly non-stop into and out of Cozumel - too many weather variables otherwise (coming from the great white north). In the summer, we often do the bag drag as their aren't many other options.

I'll second this. We did our first trip ever in the fall this year (september), got out of there just before the rains came. And it seems since then, it's been bug city. Later winter/early spring is great!

Edit: I thought this was the Bonaire sub....

Cheaper and less crowded in September but still very hot. Best weather is March, imo. Winter months are great topside as long as you can deal with a few "port closed" days. Dec/Jan have the most days closed. If you're going for 7 days and your heart is set on 20 dives, best to avoid winter.

Cheaper and less crowded in September but still very hot.
How can a Houstonite call Cozumel hot any month? Houston was an early swamp land scam considered unbearable until the 1900 hurricane leveled Galveston and big money decided that dredging a channel away from the coast was better than rebuilding. Not that Houston is safe from storms or that it was bearable until air conditioning was invented, but the plan was already set.
Winter months are great topside as long as you can deal with a few "port closed" days.
It can be just a little cooler. In the summer I am fine in my one mil jumpsuit diving but in the winter have to pack a three mil shorty to wear over it. A hard norther can make me wear long pants and long sleeves in town at night.
Yepper.

I just realized that I replied to a 5 month old thread. Oops! Anyway, glad it stimulated more conversation. I do wonder if I'm going to be cold next month in a rash guard and 3mil shorty... Covid has added about 15 lbs to my natural insulation so maybe I'll be ok? 🤣

I just realized that I replied to a 5 month old thread. Oops! Anyway, glad it stimulated more conversation. I do wonder if I'm going to be cold next month in a rash guard and 3mil shorty... Covid has added about 15 lbs to my natural insulation so maybe I'll be ok? 🤣
You're from the arctic so you should be fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom