Any interest in Blue Hole in April?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

which one did you get? Details, details!!! :D

JVC/Ikelite Picsio. I've tried it out hiking to get used to it, then in the pool, and at the Crater. Its certainly lightweight and simple. Under the right conditions the video quality is excellent. The softwear that comes with it is supposed to be very compatible with Youtube, but I haven't tried any editing yet.
BH will be a better test. More similar ambient light and water clarity to the waters around Saba, where I'm going in May.:cool3:

JVC/Ikelite Picsio. I've tried it out hiking to get used to it, then in the pool, and at the Crater. Its certainly lightweight and simple. Under the right conditions the video quality is excellent. The softwear that comes with it is supposed to be very compatible with Youtube, but I haven't tried any editing yet.
BH will be a better test. More similar ambient light and water clarity to the waters around Saba, where I'm going in May.:cool3:

cool, I can't wait to see your video from BH. :D
I have been looking at that and also the FlipHD with Ikelite housing... both about $400. I'm not looking to replace my regular video rig, just thought it would be cool to have a little portable one as a backup, for shooting video on boat, and for Ron to use teaching video if he so desires. I haven't been real impressed with the videos shot by people yet (see the posts up on Underwater Video Forum). I think the problem is that they are all beginners and don't understand anything about video in general, so I am anxious to see footage shot by someone who "gets it". :D

robin:D

Right now I am scheduled to go down April 30-May 2nd to do my Advanced Nitrox in the Blue Hole. Deco Procedures scheduled for the end of June.

I'll be in BH this weekend with Jason and in Rock Lake on April 23 - 24. :)

I am planning on going down the weekend of the 24th, sorry Kent.

I'm just not ready to stop skiing for the year, but most resorts close on the weekend of 4/18, or before.

We seriously need to hookup, maybe Aurora.

James, we should make some plans, but let me know if you are firm on this.

Rick, you can likely hook up with Justin, but he is going down a bit before we likely will (like driving Thursday evening).

I may need a roommate, but we shall see.

I would go, but I'll be slumming it at Mandalay Bay with my sis in Vegas! Have fun and don't miss me too much :rofl3:

cool, I can't wait to see your video from BH. :D
I have been looking at that and also the FlipHD with Ikelite housing... both about $400. I'm not looking to replace my regular video rig, just thought it would be cool to have a little portable one as a backup, for shooting video on boat, and for Ron to use teaching video if he so desires. I haven't been real impressed with the videos shot by people yet (see the posts up on Underwater Video Forum). I think the problem is that they are all beginners and don't understand anything about video in general, so I am anxious to see footage shot by someone who "gets it". :D

robin:D

Hey Robin!

I just got the new Kodak ZI8 HD video camera with the Ikelite housing (well, waiting for the housing to get in) and light. The camera is the size of a cell phone...couldn't believe it. I was hoping to give it a try at Blue Hole in April, but alas, I'm going to be in Vegas the weekend the "boys" are all heading down. I'll be taking it to Florida in May, though. Can't wait to try it out. I'm holding on to my old system too...maybe I'll be one of those divers who takes two setups in the water...:eyebrow:

James, we should make some plans, but let me know if you are firm on this.

I'll be there doing critical skills dives for Tech 1. :) We may be able to get in a night dive together... If not, a beer or few will do! :)... BTW, It'll be 24 - 25. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom