Any interest in Blue Hole in April?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waterskier1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking to get back in the water soon. I'd like to make a trip to Blue Hole in April, but I can't go the weekend of the 4-th (Easter) or the weekend of 17-18. So, anyone interested in a trek down south on 10-11 or 24-25 or even 1-2 May?

Hey Rick,

I will be going some time in April. I was discussing going down I think the fourth weekend with Justin last night. I think Kent also wants to go down, but I can not remember exactly what dates.

In any event, it's been since Jan since I have been down, so I am looking to get wet. Justin is definitely down the weekend of 4/23~4/24, but he maybe diving Rock.

Ron,

Thanks for the update. Justin tried calling last night, but I was at a USCG meeting so I missed his call. I know he will be going down to Rock Lake sometime in Apr for his Tech Class, but they usually travel together and dive together. I am hoping to find someone to ride/room share. Or, at least find someone to dive with when I get there.

I'll be out of town Apr 16-18, and have commitments for Easter, other than those, I'm open right now. I haven't been dry diving since we all were down last Jan. (I did get in several dives while in Bonaire earlier this month).

Keep us posted as things develop.

-Rick

Hey Rick,

I will be going some time in April. I was discussing going down I think the fourth weekend with Justin last night. I think Kent also wants to go down, but I can not remember exactly what dates.

In any event, it's been since Jan since I have been down, so I am looking to get wet. Justin is definitely down the weekend of 4/23~4/24, but he maybe diving Rock.

Yes, I actually have students on the schedule and have planned to go to BH on the 17th and 18th. The details are coming together, but it looks like I will leave Friday the 16th around lunch time. Ron, I'd be happy to pick you up somewhere, as we had planned and failed to do last month! That would get us there in time for a night dive.

I think the other instructor, the van, and students will either head down late Friday or early Sat.

In any case my new JVC video/Ikelite is begging to do some filming!

I should be able to make it down the weekend of the 24th.

That works for me. Unfortunately, I can't make it down the 17-18; I'll be out of town on USCG Training.

As we get closer to the date, lets talk...I'll be happy to share ride, room either or both.

Yes, I actually have students on the schedule and have planned to go to BH on the 17th and 18th. The details are coming together, but it looks like I will leave Friday the 16th around lunch time. Ron, I'd be happy to pick you up somewhere, as we had planned and failed to do last month! That would get us there in time for a night dive.

I think the other instructor, the van, and students will either head down late Friday or early Sat.

In any case my new JVC video/Ikelite is begging to do some filming!

Ooooh, you gotta new video toy??? :eyebrow:

robin:D

Vail closes on the weekend of the 17th~18th, and I have saved my pass for that as I *believe* Tjack is coming up that weekend to ski.

I need to discuss that with him, so I'll post more once I firm things up.

Yes, we will be headed down the 4th weekend (23,24,25 April) for UTD Tech 1 - diving at Rock Lake. There will be me and jasonmh and amascuba and perhaps winterhawk doing drysuit.

We go down Thursday night and dive all day on Friday.

I would love to get a dive in at the BH but I know we have a lot of Tech 1 dives to do over the weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom