Any info about diver falling on his own knife?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was he at least horizontal and wearing a proper "HOG" setup?

Oh wait.....I guess if he fell on it, that would mean he was horizontal, and therefore didn't violate any DIR codes. :eyebrow:

Ken- also a good reason to use a small BCD knife instead of the big pig sticker. When I think of the old "Bowie knives" we used to dive with in the 60's and 70's...

Dr. Bill

Oh geez! I got this REALLY cool titanium kinetics dive knife. I was SO proud of that knife.....until......

The guys I have been diving with just laugh and tell me to e-bay it! I can't even get them to help me figure where to mount it.

Guess that self stabbing is what could happen to me.....(do they really know what a klutz I am???)

Kristi -- you're building my confidence for Utila -- that would make TWO armed klutzes going there :)

partridge:
Sadly, this will probably go into the books as a dive accident caused by equipment failure.

I almost sat on my dive knife once....

Hmmmm I wonder if my DAN insurance would cover it ?

partridge:
Sadly, this will probably go into the books as a dive accident caused by equipment failure.

Can't be classified as equipment failure . . . the knife worked!!!

hey, kristi, mount it in the wing of whoever's teasing you! that'll shut 'em up!

Why was'nt the knife in a sheath? I don't think the size of the blade is at fault, the fact that he was fooling around with any knife when he could fall on it is the problem!
Maybe it wasn't his fault, he may have just been grooming the lint out of his bellybutton, when he was pushed from behind. Yet another needless, fatal, personal grooming accident. There should be a new certification class to stop these needless horrors.

BabyDuck:
hey, kristi, mount it in the wing of whoever's teasing you! that'll shut 'em up!

Marcie, It's Bobby, He might turn my tank off or something when I'm not looking.....don't wanna mess with him! Hahahah

I think Matt had a snicker at my expense too.

And Charlie, well, Charlie laughs right along with them.

I get NO RESPECT I tell ya!

Might be something I can stick between my matress and box spring in case of an intruder.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom