Any ideas how to see the screen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One other option. If you are having trouble seeing the camera, how are you seeing your gauges/computer and the small fishys. The other thing you could try are magnifiers in your mask. They make small magnifiers that epoxy into your mask of all strengths. Your LDS should have them or they can be found on-line. This would eliminate both problems.

Funny thing I seem to be able to see all the small stuff just fine. I also don't have any problem seeing my computer readout, or SPG. Now I do however have trouble hearing my Computers audable warnings. I can barely hear my alarm clock. I wish they would produce a dive computer that has adjustable frequencys for alarms, so those of us who don't hear that well can adjust it to a level we can hear. I think it was more an issue with poor pixalation and Small LCD size than anything. I am hoping that the new larger/better camera LCD might eleviate some of these issues. Those measurements won't work for my new camera as the screen is bigger than that. I am thinking of going downtown a picking up a small plastic hand held magnafing glass. I searched Google and found a bunch of different magnifiers, but none that were particular to the Housing/camera combo I have. I picked up most of my equipment at California Digital diving. That guys seems to very much in the know as to what you want and how to get it, even if he can't get it for you he has lots of ideas as to where and how you might be able to get it. plus they do Photo dive trips. If any one out here in the West Coast is looking for help, call CDD and tell them Rick sent you.. No I don't get a commission, just liked the service I received and wanted to spread the word. I hope thats O.K.

I recently started carrying a magnify glass for looking at the small stuff. Also a lot of fun cooking ants during the surface interval (only kidding). The last dive I tried taking a picture though it, I have not checked the results yet.

The one time I do have a very hard time with the LCD is snorkeling. Just to much light to see it clearly. A magnifying hood for work great then.

Back
Top Bottom