Any ideas how to see the screen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverrick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just in the last few years I have come to rely on reading glasses more and more. I got a Camera last year that I couldn't read the little tiny symbols on the cameras screen The new Camera I got, has a larger screen so hopefully I'll be able to read it this time. I don't want to go the Bifocal facemask thing, so I was thinking about some sort of plastic magnifier I could either stick to the cameras screen or to the UW housing. Short of that, I guess I could pick up a cheap plastic hand held magnifier to use when I want to see what the screen says. Does anyone make something like a stick on magnifier? Man Getting old sxxxs. Any ideas out there?

What camera do you have Rick?I just received a hood magnifier for my Olympus and will be trying it for the first time today. I'll let you know how it is - Dee has one and loves it.

I just purchased the Fuji F810, and a ikelite housing. BTW thanks for all your help to date.

You're very welcome :wink: I help where I can.
As Dee promised, the hood is a GREAT buy and I recommend it to everyone that has trouble seeing and a camera that it fits on!
Rick, does your housing have bracets to hold an UW hood? If so I could give you the measurements and see if the hood would fit on yours.

Are you refering to the camera itself or the UW housing? I don't have tha camera yet, still in shipping somewhere. The Ikelite housing doesn't look like it has any brackets for that kind of thing. I just got the case via UPS about 10 mins ago. looks like the opti-d cable for the strobe is back ordered, called the shop and they are out until the 20th on a dive, so no help there. WE leave on the 5th of August. Not quite yet time to panic, just elevated B/P at this time. Already I can see a major difference in the UW case compared to the one Bonica sold us. Plus that ULCS arm is WAYYY better, and I haven't even put it together yet and I can see that! The Ikelite case does have a little square of foam around what will be the screen on the camera, looks to be about 1/4 inch thick and runs around the perimeter of the screen.

Ike housings don't have the brackets like the Oly does. I have a friend who adhered some velcro strips to his Ike housing and the magnifyer. He says it works just fine.

Rick...I know the feeling! I added bifocals to my mask when I went digital. It's really not as bad as you think it will be.

Yeah...there's no weight pressure on it so the velcro holds it very well. Just make sure to use the heavy duty industrial strength stuff...the adhesive is waterproof.

what is the dimension of this magnifier? Is there more than one type available? Sizes?
My new cameras screen is 2.1 across from what I have read to date. Don't know the up/down width.

Back
Top Bottom