Any help for some Mid-West divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ginnie is probably the best for what you are looking for. You can get in a dive at Little Devil, swim down the run to Devils Eye and then Devils Ear, move down the road and do a cavern dive at the basin (the ballroom) and end up doing some snorkeling at Twin, Dogwood and Deer Springs. www.ginniespringsoutdoors.com

You could possibly do Crystal River in the morning and Devil's Den/Blue Grotto in the afternoon, if you were able to keep to a tight schedule. The hard part would be getting out of Ginnie Springs early enough to get to Crystal River early enough. That is a longish drive. Maybe Devil's Den/Blue Grotto in the AM, Crystal River in the PM?

Theres no help for us, you know that Chris. Thanks for doing the research on this one. I have been spending my money like there is no tomorrow...just bought the vid cam that I wanted. :dance:

scubafool:
You could possibly do Crystal River in the morning and Devil's Den/Blue Grotto in the afternoon, if you were able to keep to a tight schedule. The hard part would be getting out of Ginnie Springs early enough to get to Crystal River early enough. That is a longish drive. Maybe Devil's Den/Blue Grotto in the AM, Crystal River in the PM?

I was figuring two dive places, one a day with the most bang for the buck. Crystal River/Ginnie in one day is hard to do and enjoy it but I'm sure it could be done. No need to rush though.

Thanks for the advice guy's, I didn't think there was anyway possible
to stretch our schedule in such a short time period. One good thing,
we have pm'd a bunch of Scuba Board members we will be meeting up
with on this trip!

If I had two days to dive florida springs and one was definitely going to be in the crystal river area I would probably hit up Devils Den and Blue Grotto on the other day. While I enjoy diving at Ginnie as much as the next guy Devils Den and Blue Grotto are at least as good if not better dives. Ginnie has better facilities, picnic tables, showers, etc and a much better diveshop but I prefer the cavern at Blue Grotto and the uniqueness of Devils Den to the ballroom. The downside to Devils Den and Blue Grotto is that you have to pay a fee at both, as opposed to Ginnie where one fee gets you a couple different dives.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom