Any good diving off Myrtle Beach?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If your up for a nice day trip, head down to Mt. Pleasant and book a dive with Atlantic Coast Dive Center. They have great trips on Saturdays. Diving the ledges and wrecks off of Charleston can be great. I went a few weekends ago and had a fantastic time.

fireflock:
Do you remember which site you visited? I'm a little suprised anyone went out Saturday, but I wasn't out there so I only heard what things were like.

Rich

yes, we went to Barracuda Alley. Half the people on the boat were feeding the fish if you know what I mean :D

If you have any choice, try and make it at least 20miles offshore on your next trip. Any of their full day trips are well worth the effort. Those trips are few and far between in the summer - more $ hauling tourist divers to the close sites I guess.

Rich

fireflock:
If you have any choice, try and make it at least 20miles offshore on your next trip. Any of their full day trips are well worth the effort. Those trips are few and far between in the summer - more $ hauling tourist divers to the close sites I guess.

Rich

I would but their schedule (coastal scuba) has been only runing the inshore trips. From what I was told its hard to fill the boat to get out to the City of Houston. I myself am not too hapy about sitting on a boat for 4 plus hours when we have much better wrecks here in Jersey within 25 miles or so.

I understand what you're saying. Long boat rides are part of the deal around here to get the best combo of viz, wrecks, and marine life. The City of Houston is a long haul from N Myrtle. Other ports (wilmington, southport) are closer.

The other dive charter in the area has the Raritan on the schedule Saturday. That's where I would be if I were diving from N Myrtle next weekend.

Best of luck with whatever site you decide to visit.

Rich

We were out to the Vermillion on Sunday (can be reached from Murrells Inlet and Georgetown) and it was at least 80 foot vis.

Changing winds have kept the inshore stuff of 15 miles or less pretty stirred up.

I personally like the diving. Jersey Chris is a bit of a negative about diving Myrtle Beach. I can say that about him because he is my boyfriend. He doesnt like cattle boats and starts mooing everytime he visits me on the dive boat. lol.

I have been diving off of the Safari IV for a few years and know the crew very well. It's a great crew and the sites are good as long as the viz is good. Last year it was 60ft plus every day. This year the inshore trips were horrible. 5-8ft viz. i looked at them as training dives. I do agree that Cameron needs to schedule more offshore trips. Unfortunately, money talks. Most vacation divers want to stay inshore so they arent leaving the family for more than half the day. (Silly guys....next time marry a diver....just a joke).

All in all, its a great place to dive.

packman:
That's going to be my criteria for next time. :D
my ex-husband gave me the choice between him and diving. How do you think that's working out for him? notice the ex in font of husband :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom