Any good diving off Myrtle Beach?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMO, it depends on which site you would be visiting. I think it's interesting to dive in different places and see what they are like.

If you are in the MB area, Coastal Scuba is a very "attentive" group, and they do care about their divers... Just ran with them in May and they put on a good charter, good service, nice boat... No complaints.

Another good operation (out of Murrels Inlet, about 20 miles south of MB) is Scuba Express. I have not been out with them, but some hard core semi-tech & trimix divers I know well, go with them quite often. Capt Tom (?) has a very good reputation around here & on www.charlestondiving.com. They do a bit of spearing as well.

Cool, thanks. I've been in touch with Coastal Scuba, and will check back with them in a couple of months and see how the schedule is shaping up.

Consider logging in to charlestondiving.com and asking if anyone needs people. The previously mentioned charters are all similar, but with fuel prices, plenty of people are looking for bodies to share duties/expenses (myself included).

Diving is good here, but the runs are longer than NC to get to good water. Surface temps are 81 - 82, thermocline drops bottom temps to mid 70's. Shortly, it'll be 80's top to bottom. Last summer, we dove Mid July through late Sept. with just shorts.

Chris

I just got back there from diving Sat and will be back to dive again the following Sat. My G/F has been down there diving for the past 2 weeks and the vis has been very poor. This past Sat was maybe 5-8 feet. The Thurs before was 2 feet at best. The only thing I reaolly enjoyed was the water temps were 79 degrees at the bottow. Diving here was 45 degrees the week before so the warm water was a nice change :D I personaly am not very impressed with the diving from what I have experienced.

Do you remember which site you visited? I'm a little suprised anyone went out Saturday, but I wasn't out there so I only heard what things were like.

Rich

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom