Any good Carribean all inclusives with on-site snorkeling & a nice beach?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mtamborra

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I realize nice beaches & snorkel areas don't always go hand in hand but they do exist. The sapphire beach resort in St Thomas for example...However the recent reviews of the place say alot of it is boarded up, so no thanks

My girlfriend and I are looking for a nice all inclusive resort (carribean preferably) that has nice onsite snorkeling & a nice beach (we prefer not to take crowded snorkel tours and prefer to just jump in and check out the scenery and explore all day)

anyway, thanks for reading....your input is greatly appreciated

Take care

I realize nice beaches & snorkel areas don't always go hand in hand but they do exist. The sapphire beach resort in St Thomas for example...However the recent reviews of the place say alot of it is boarded up, so no thanks

My girlfriend and I are looking for a nice all inclusive resort (carribean preferably) that has nice onsite snorkeling & a nice beach (we prefer not to take crowded snorkel tours and prefer to just jump in and check out the scenery and explore all day)

anyway, thanks for reading....your input is greatly appreciated

Take care

You mentioned Saphire Beach Resort in St. Thomas. I've stayed there before and it's got decent snorkeling right off the beach. Lots of rock in the water, but it didn't have much "great live coral".

I haven't seen any recent reviews on it either. I was wondering if it had closed. It's been years since I've been there.

matamborra,
welcome to this board.
i know it is not the carribean but my wife and went to maui for holiday.
we stayed at this resort.
Condo Hotel Maui | Napili Kai Beach Resort Maui Hawaii
the beaches(2) were beautiful and the snorkling was great.
the resort was almost perfect with beautiful grounds and great restaurant.
regards,

Thanks for the replies everyone...Please keep them comming, this forum is great!

Bermuda... lil further north but The Fairmont Southampton Princes has access to a great beach for snorkeling and has a dive boat.... also its with 20 minutes or less walking distance of other great beaches for snorkeling...
GOOD LUCK :)

I'm heading to Roatan in a couple weeks, and there's a lot of great snorkeling off of the beach there. I'm roughing it a bit while I'm there, but there are all-inclusive resorts available.

I would check out the all-inclusives in Roatan. Some have beaches, some don't, but the snorkeling there should be fantastic. We are divers and just spent a week this past Nov and some of the shallow areas around our resort, Welcome to CoCo View Resort were amazing. Daytime you can see anything just feet from your room. In fact, we teased our DM because one couple had a seahorse right in front of their room in 2' deep water one morning. Another couple saw a different one. We saw 2 different kinds of eels right at the walkways! On our night dives we had squid and octopus, tons of fish, free swimming eels, you name it!
Check out CoCoView Resort, Fantasy Island Resort, and Anthony's Key Resort. Anthony's even has a dolphin snorkeling thing. You don't have to stay at Anthony's to do it though, you can book it at your resort.

robin:D

You could also check out Fantasy Island in Roatan. It is not a great resort per se, but the snorkelling is great away from the beach, across the channel from CoCo View, there is a reef in about 5 ft of water with all sorts of fish and eels. I have heard that the food is much better at CCV, but they don't have a beach.

Tabacco Caye in Belize had good snorkeling right in front of our room. Try snorkeling at night. We saw almost as many cool things in the lagoon as we did on our dive as we were coming back in from our night-shore dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom