Any good Caribbean dive resorts for a non-diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perhaps have a look at Providenciales in Turks and Caicos. The Grace Bay area is quite nice and Grace Bay has been rated as one of the best beaches in the Caribbean.

Perhaps have a look at Providenciales in Turks and Caicos. The Grace Bay area is quite nice and Grace Bay has been rated as one of the best beaches in the Caribbean.

+1 Loved Turks & Caicos.

I loved Provo too and Grace Bay is amazing! But we did liveaboards in that area and I understand that you can spend most of the day going back and forth to the reef for a 2-tank dive if you use the day boats. That might not be much fun for the non-diver that is waiting for her spouse to return. The OP should look for places with short rides to the reef IMO, Grand Cayman sounds like a good choice.

Below is a thread that discusses lower budget options for dive trips to GC and it might give you some ideas, but be aware that some of the properties mentioned, like Cobalt Coast, are diver-dedicated, off the beaten path and not on Seven Mile Beach - and probably not the best choice for a non-diver.

You can use the info in this thread as a start but then look for a place that might be more attractive for a non-diver. Good luck!

Is It Possible to Dive Grand Cayman on a Budget?

Last edited:
I loved Provo too and Grace Bay is amazing! But we did liveaboards in that area and I understand that you can spend most of the day going back and forth to the reef for a 2-tank dive if you use the day boats.

Just so you know, I dove Provo from land & it was 15 minutes to an hour to the dive sites. They'll stay out in between the 2 tank dives so you return anywhere between 1 and 3 pm depending upon which dive site you visit.

You want a diver/non dive vacation? I would do Grand Cayman and leave the car keys for the non diver. Though I do not favor the Seven Mile Beach area, it has a lot to offer the diver and the non diver. Almost all operators will pick up. The beach, restaurants and shopping are good.

This is how we ended up on Grand Cayman. I dive (as much as I can) but my wife does not. She loves sitting on the beach, taking long walks on the beach, swimming in the ocean, snorkeling a little, and going to the many great restaurants in the SMB/West Bay/ Georgetown area. She works out at a local fitness center. There are book stores, shops, and a cinema close by. She has gone on glass bottom boat and submarine (to 100') trips over the reefs, so has gotten a taste of what we see when diving. There are a lot of places within walking distance to hear music and have drinks at night. We are regulars at the botanical garden and the mastic trail. So far, as a non-diver, she loves the place. It is a bit expensive, but you can manage that by renting a condo instead of a hotel room, making some of your own meals, and using a local dive op that gives volume discounts (many to chose from and all are pretty good).

Bohio resort on Grand Turk supposedly has very short rides to the dive sites and I think even return to the resort for surface intervals. I'm mulling over a trip with them this fall.

Bohio resort on Grand Turk supposedly has very short rides to the dive sites and I think even return to the resort for surface intervals. I'm mulling over a trip with them this fall.

I've never been to Grand Turk, is there much of interest for a non-diver? There is a cruise ship terminal so they must have some restaurants and shops, how are the beaches?

I've never been to Grand Turk, is there much of interest for a non-diver? There is a cruise ship terminal so they must have some restaurants and shops, how are the beaches?

The beaches are pristine white sand--some of the most beautiful you have ever seen. The cruise ship terminal is on the far south end of the island; the Bohio is on the north end (maybe 7-8 miles apart). In the middle is the town, with some building that date to the 1840s salt trade. Shops open up in town when the cruise ships are in port.

You can do maybe a day of sightseeing before you run out of surface stuff to see. Maybe spend another half day at the cruise ship port watching white-skin fat people get drunk and sunburned. After that, think about snorkeling or gathering sea glass on the beach and shallow water. There is one place where you could swim out 1/4mile and be at the wall. If you are going to snorkel be sure to bring a safety sausage and a way to tow it with you so no one runs you over with a boat.
PICT0357.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom