Any fossilers wanna show off some photos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hello Mike........hope you are healing and on the mend. the photo of you with the tooth is a good one. i think you should print it, frame it, and throw it in with your fossil junk. Off in the future, you will look back on it and it will trigger some long forgotten memories.

I keep going back to the 4th photo down. i love that shot. for unknown reasons it is extremely inviting to me. it says to me "this is your nirvana, so enjoy it while it lasts!". It looks like the perfect spot for lounging, swimming, diving, fossiling, eating, swapping stories, telling jokes, napping, relaxing, fishing, and just plain goofing off...

ps: the link above that is titled "DATA" always gives the current water temp in Venice... just sayin

---------- Post added February 23rd, 2013 at 09:32 AM ----------

Nice pic's of the Edisto Lee it's such a pretty river

Joe I completely agree. I am totally against the establishments dumping toxins and waste into such a beautiful ecological system. That needs to stop immediately

---------- Post added February 23rd, 2013 at 11:21 PM ----------

I really enjoy looking back at old Edisto photos of lazy days spent scuba fossiling. Thought I would post these so others could enjoy them also. These photos were taken last year on April 28th

Early morning getting away from the dock
100_0075_zps6ed83366.jpg

Motoring around the first turns
100_0081_zps50732aa1.jpg

Heading on down river with sun starting to really show
100_0080_zpsb64498be.jpg

Negotiating some more turns
100_0093_zps27a044e5.jpg

Morning coming on really strong while we make our way down river
100_0082_zps9065d0e4.jpg

Backwoods nature trail
100_0116_zps951b71a2.jpg

I'M READY! LETS DIVE HERE!
100_0099_zps100bcbfd.jpg

OR LETS DIVE HERE! OR THERE, OR OVER THERE! MY TANK IS TRYING TO JUMP OUTTA THE BOAT. I NEED TO GO WITH IT!
100_0110_zps5bafd041.jpg

Last edited:
I bet the Edisto and Cooper River is rolling after all this rain in the last two weeks, and more coming Monday. Vis has probability gone to zero and temp has drop 5 degrees. Come on spring, the water is calling me, warm up!

I am ready for some nice weather also Joe. The online Edisto water level gauge is showing 9.1 feet this past Wednesday. The online Cooper temp gauge is reading 52 degrees F. Here are some photos of one of my favorite wade-around Edisto river fossil beds. Its a large one. About the size of half a football field. Has excellent gravel. The day the photos were taken the gauge was reading 1.5 - 2.5 feet of water. It was easy to walk across the river that day. The deepest part was knee deep. I plan to return to this spot.

Far side of the river. This is where the gravel is the heaviest. Black gravel up to the
size of your fist. With the current rainfall this is 9 feet deep today
RainShortly123_zps4e69194c.jpg

Found some 1" Angy's teeth here. Lots of Hemis. Located between Jelico and
Good Hope Landings
StonesandBones1_zpsd88d0d81.jpg

Mike found a nice 1.5" - 2.5" Angy here. He is standing in the deep part
StonesandBones123456_zpsc21132bc.jpg

Far side of river. One foot deep at the edge increases to a whopping 2 feet deep towards
the center. Sand and black gravel
RainShortly123456_zpsf96aea44.jpg

---------- Post added February 24th, 2013 at 12:59 PM ----------

Debra posted this fabulous Venice Florida Benedeni today on Facebook

Benedeni_zpse330f05d.jpg

---------- Post added February 24th, 2013 at 01:14 PM ----------

I hope the view in the photo below is in my very near future, and most of all
I hope some of my fossil head pals throw in with me.

Headed out the Venice FL inlet for a refreshing 20 foot deep, emerald green water,
scuba shark tooth hunt
100_8410_zpsd2a1cf33.jpg

Last edited:
When are you planning/wanting to go to Venice?

Dwhite it will likely be a consensus amount those wanting to go. My schedule is very flexible compared to some. I am thinking the water temp in Venice will be in the high 70's in a few weeks so any time after that I am good to go. The water temp in Venice today was over 71. I will just wait and find out what Mike, Phil, and Joe have in mind. We likely need to Fedex our gear and pick it up at the Fedex office OR take two vehicles. We are going to need a large rental car, like a Chrysler 300

I was just curious. The wife and I are stopping by Venice March 23rd on our way to the keys. We are going out with Jamie on the aristakat. Last I checked there was 4 more spots. But then again I might not want y'all pro fossilers showing me up.

We have not made any travel comitments as of yet. I was traveling south to
Jamies boat a few years ago when bad weather blew in. After a phone call from
Jamie, I turned left and headed over to Jupiter for some offshore reef drifting.
I was a LONG drive. Did not look like much on the map BUT it was significant.
Take a book or LOTS of magazines

ps: I am pretty sure the photo above was taken from Jamies boat

---------- Post added February 25th, 2013 at 01:21 PM ----------

Anyone that knows me well knows I am a big fan of graphs

Last years graph of Cooper River water temps

USGS.02172050.03.00010..20120218.20120625..0..gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom