Any fossilers wanna show off some photos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Rick I am sure that was what you said. I am with you on the "picked over areas." I enjoy a good curent to remove the sand / silt. I look over an area and move my hands very fast in order to "change the picture" and start looking again.

OBTW, one more cave trip and I am going to cool it for a while and head to the Cooper. I have some friends that have never been there and I can't wait to show them a very cool and rewarding way to dive. Anyone open for a charter? Meaning anyone will to take us out for fee?

OBTW, one more cave trip and I am going to cool it for a while and head to the Cooper. I have some friends that have never been there and I can't wait to show them a very cool and rewarding way to dive. Anyone open for a charter? Meaning anyone will to take us out for fee?

Hey Tony, scubadaddee is Phill and he does charters. I usually go out with him and he will do the Edisto and Cooper rivers.

Tony just PM me Like Mike says I do both the Edisto and Cooper Rivers. I,m going to check out the Edisto next weekend, try and look at some new spots. Have a charter the following weekend in the Edisto.

<- pulling some gear out of storage this weekend to PREPARE for the 2012 SEASON ....YEA! Will get out the 5mm jump suit and the hoods. Will make note to charge up old HID ni-cads for lighting purposes. Will get out newer BC and check volume of salt crystals in bladder. Will also check degree of rust on internal metal air inflator parts. Will look over reg for build up of sand and salt. Will bend hoses under bright lighting and look for age cracking.

after 16 years of diving i do not dream of diving any more BUT i do to this day have dreams of hunting for and finding sharks teeth

today i signed onto a 30' boat to ride offshore Charleston SC to a couple of limestone ledges. hoping to dig some fossils out of the limestone. hoping for flat blue water, no current, beautiful sunshine, and just a plain grand day on the ocean. if any one wants to tag along, that would be cool...

looking forward to this weekend on Scubadaddee's boat. sure hope Mike goes. really wanting to lay in a GOOD fossil bed. gear is packed and i am ready to jump the Hookah

Sorry i havent replyed been kinda busy .. If your needin someone to take ya out let me know .. Im not a charter just love the river . The boat is homemade but built like a tank .. Im needin to get in da river myself .. Starting to get spring fever .

i signed on for Saturday May 12th Rich. i welcome your company. its a reliable boat. the guy keeps it mechanically well maintained. at the moment there are plenty of available seats on the boat.

there are three reef lines or ledges offshore the Carolinas and i would like to work them for fossils this season. almost all divers that go here just go for the swim tour. very few know about, or care about, fossiling. all three ledges have limestone exposed. there is no guarantee of course that you will find fossils but all fossilers know there are fossils in limestone. i have found large fossilized scallops there and had to dig them out with my knife. That limestone was like cement. needed an air hammer. i am fairly sure one of the ledges turns into the "Meg Ledge" site that is so popular offshore Wilmington.

Now, if I were the captain, i would work up and down the ledges until i found a Meg garden or something that would attract a lot of business. the boat ride is about 90 minutes to the furthest ledge and other site (ledge) i think is on the way back in. depth is 70 to 80 feet. i will do two dives each with a single 100 cube tank 30% enriched.

i will work my way up current, staying on the edge of the ledge for navigation purposes. if i find a fossil bed i will not move around a lot. i will then down drift back to the up line for my ascent. at that depth i usually stop the dive at about 1300 psi. that gives me plenty of time to make a slow ascent

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom