Any fossilers wanna show off some photos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thought I'd contribute. Here's a meg I got last year in July.. View attachment 117078

That is a nice tooth there Rick. Have you cleaned it up? did that come from Venice Beach area? I cleaned up my whale verts with a mix of distilled water and Apple vinegar. Let it soak for two weeks and used a plastic scraper on it. came out great. I need to see if I can find a pic of it when it was literally covered in barnacles.

Went out today for a bit on the kayak to some spoil piles. Got a bunch of broken teeth but the best finds were a decent mako, a horse tooth and a nice 2'' great white in really nice shape. Has a small nick on the tip but overall a really nice tooth. 100_0697.jpg100_0703.jpg

Thought I'd contribute. Here's a meg I got last year in July.. View attachment 117078

nice one Rick! really BIG one! that growth on it spells Florida

where are you diving?

note that vinegar is an acid so wash it well when finished with the vinegar. OR, neutralize it with baking soda. can't leave rusty metal in vinegar too long or it will dissolve. amazing that we eat it.

nice finds izik... like em!

just checked some temps:

Venice FL air temp: running around 80 degrees
Venice FL water temp: running around 77 degrees

unseasonably warm temps

southeast FL is similar

Last edited:
Thanks..yeah, She's all cleaned up... I fossil dive from stump pass up to nokomis. I like venice, but I love to explore new areas..:wink: Here's a pic of some of the teeth I've gotten in the past few years.. IMG_20120228_141140.jpg

Thanks,,.... Makos??? we don't need no stinkin' Makos...LOL Just Kiddin'.. I'll get a pic of them up here.. I don't collect them as much, but I have a few..:D I'll be out in the morning diving wish me luck...

Killed it out there today! Ill post some pics tomorrow.. lets just say I had to pull out the air guitar under water..lol:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom