Any fossilers wanna show off some photos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

there are LOTS of price stickers on the items Mike. Eberlein may be there (from megateeth.com). he will have some killer megs for sale. lots of things will be for sale. mammouth. mastodon. all kinds and types. sometimes there are fossiling books for sale. the ditch weezle has been there at least five years in a row. phil is sometimes there. i have seen a collector and VP of the Giant Cement company there. Pat McCarthy may be there. He builds and sells full size Megalodon jaws with actual teeth. i bought some teeth one year (for gifts). I have seen ivory tusks and American Indian artifacts for sale there. So yes, there will be lots to spend your money on. Oh, they have a raffle also

Last edited:
Forget to say where the tooth was found. It was in Summerville in a creek by a golf course.

say no more. wasn't trying to pin you down of course. more of a curiosity than anything. just amazed at the quality of that tooth. i am pretty sure i know which golf course. i was over that way the other day on business and my fossil radar was kicking in. i wandered through a HUGE subdivision trying to find my way to the Ashley river. i was not happy with what i saw on the very upper end of the Ashley last season. the water is tidal and extremely dirty/muddy.

Last edited:
So guys , where is this fossil show ?? There may be a chance me and Daniel will be able to make it .

I sure you all can make it. It is at Cypress Gardens.

Cypress Gardens will hold their Winter Fossil Show "Frozen in Time" on Saturday, February 18, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The event also features a fossil dig for children, live music and door prizes every hour. Lunch will be available for purchase. The Winter Fossil Show is free with regular paid admission to Cypress Gardens ($10.00 adult, $9.00 Senior, $5.00 child 6 to 12 years of age). Berkeley County residents will be admitted free from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 noon with a photo ID.

Here is a Long/Lat. 33.052391, -79.954201

I'll be there with my wife and maybe my son will attend too but who knows. I am also going to the gun show at Ladson Fair Grounds. I will be the bald guy wearing a Harley Davidson Shirt.

Im hoping it works out . Cypress Gardens is just down the road . Hope to put some faces with our internet friends .

I will be the bald guy wearing a Harley Davidson Shirt.

Sometimes he wears a spiked wig and headband. <- true true true

Hey Mike I am targeting afternoon. Are you targeting a time frame?

Hey Richie its amazing the volume of divers that look at Scubaboard. I was riding out on a dive boat one Saturday afternoon and when they were calling roll the "roll caller" recognized my name from Scubaboard and made mention of it. I was quite complimented and impressed at the same time.

You know Mike... its about time for Phil to poke his head in here and add his comments. I am thinking Vincent (Savannah) and Al (Megalodon Hunter) may pop in also

Lee , ya never know , we may be creating a whole new breed of black water divers . We all need to pass this passion on to others . I was brought to the river many years ago by a friend and had a terrible first dive , but something in or around the water of the Cooper River kept bringing me back . I have learned from others and I hope I can teach others to follow .. But of course I will always keep some things to myself . Hope to meet you Sat. Im hoping it works out .

So guys , where is this fossil show ??
Usually about 15-5-30' down in the dark! Just having fun after the caves in fla. I found something in one of the sinks I need to share. I will post a picture real soon. Anyway good to be back and the second video had a great skull in it. What is it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom