Any fossilers wanna show off some photos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At last, getting back on the 17th. Is it too cold to dive wet?

If you are going to be diving the ocean off NC, the FPS buoy is showing a surface temp of 69deg today. If this weather will finally break, I'll be going the end of the week and weekend and will let you know about temps and vis.

From what the root looks like it doesn't look like a mako. Looks more like a sand tiger or something similar.. I could be wrong tho.. Our makos have much thicker roots, even the lowers...

Capt we have a a place in Englewood (Inlaws vacation home) and will be coming down this winter to dive. Do you run year round? We are looking forward to diving Venice and off shore for teeth.

If you are going to be diving the ocean off NC, the FPS buoy is showing a surface temp of 69deg today. If this weather will finally break, I'll be going the end of the week and weekend and will let you know about temps and vis.

I guess that I should have said we will be diving the Cooper river. Thanks for the replies. I believe that we are still going to it semi-dry. (If you knew my drysuit then you would know it still will be simi-dry)

Its been a little while since I've gotten to make the trip over to South Carolina and do a little fossil hunting, but I got to go this past weekend. We found lots of teeth, and my buddy and I both found one really good tooth each. Mine was just a tick under 6 inches, but it is in pretty good condition front and back with all of the serrations present.

tooth2012.jpg

Very nice find! We are heading down this weekend...wish us luck. Diving wet? If so was is OK? Take care and thanks.

Very nice find! We are heading down this weekend...wish us luck. Diving wet? If so was is OK? Take care and thanks.

Good luck! The weather was nice this weekend and the water temp was 61 in both the Broad and the May River. I don't know if that cold front that moved through Alabama yesterday will make it to SC, but it changed the weather dramatically here (Cold). Hopefully it doesn't do the same thing there for y'all. I almost forgot; yes we dove wet. As a matter of fact, I dove in my 3mm suit with a vest underneath.

you are one lucky diver darkwater. that is an awesome meg in the photo. i have dove the Cooper river 150 times at least, always with other divers. i have seen divers, come up off the bottom many hundreds of times. have seen all sorts of finds. very rarely does the river give up a tooth of the size and quality of the one you found during your trip to south carolina. not common at all. hang onto it. thanks for posting

you are one lucky diver darkwater. that is an awesome meg in the photo. i have dove the Cooper river 150 times at least, always with other divers. i have seen divers, come up off the bottom many hundreds of times. have seen all sorts of finds. very rarely does the river give up a tooth of the size and quality of the one you found during your trip to south carolina. not common at all. hang onto it. thanks for posting

Thank you very much sir!

Hey Lee, you been out lately? I was talking to Phill and I think we may brave the cold again if you want to~! LOL We can boil river water in between dives like last year, lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom