Any experience with the PST E7 Steel 100?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought 2 E7-100s. Love them. Knocked off 6-8 lbs of lead right away.

Only negative was the 11 month wait for them to show up.

I now own three of them. One of my instructor buddies in Naples owns two. I find them the perfect size, weight, length, width, to manage dives while offering an additional 20CF for safety and convenience.

I had 119CF's prior, but they were simply too heavy to readily manage. I switched to 95's and found them a bit small. When I got the 100's, I was satisfied that I had found the perfect tank for air diving.

While Nitrox would respond better to a 119CF, I just didn't find 40CF extra to be necessary. I can dive 100 singles without any weights when I dive a 3 mil or smaller suit.

I recommend that size highly.

Hepotter

"Nothing good ever happens fast under water"

I have 3 PST E-7 100s and 1 E-7 80. I wouldn't trade them for painted tanks. I am spoiled now... I wish I could take them on vacations so I wouldn't have to use AL80 rentals. I plan on picking up another E-7 80 for a doubles rig.

I have a set of PST E-7 8-'s for my doubles and find that they are perfect. I have a 10lb weight belt as a result doesnt get much better. Anyone with a fairly low sac rate would find these tanks to be the perfect combination for virtualy any dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom