Any experience with the PST E7 Steel 100?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My new PST E7-100 arrived today. First thing I did was remove the big sticker and the boot. I currently use din, but there are two different yoke inserts (1/4 and 3/16) included with the tank. When would you use the two different sizes?

ProMed:
My new PST E7-100 arrived today. First thing I did was remove the big sticker and the boot. I currently use din, but there are two different yoke inserts (1/4 and 3/16) included with the tank. When would you use the two different sizes?

I have two and love them. As set out above, they hold more air than an AL, are slightly smaller and have better buoyancy characteristics - what's not to love? I'm not particularly concerned about the whole DOT issue dlndavid mentioned above, either (and you buying more of their tanks helps to insure they'll stay in business to keep the exemption alive, in any event).

As for the inserts, mine only had one insert. You take it out if you want DIN, you leave it in if you want yoke. I can't imagine what the other insert you're talking about could be for (or how you'd insert a different size adapter into the din plug).

D_O_H:
I have two and love them. As set out above, they hold more air than an AL, are slightly smaller and have better buoyancy characteristics - what's not to love? I'm not particularly concerned about the whole DOT issue dlndavid mentioned above, either (and you buying more of their tanks helps to insure they'll stay in business to keep the exemption alive, in any event).

As for the inserts, mine only had one insert. You take it out if you want DIN, you leave it in if you want yoke. I can't imagine what the other insert you're talking about could be for (or how you'd insert a different size adapter into the din plug).

H_O_D hold on dere, you're not concerned, I want my tanks to be fillable for a long, long time. :wink: Hey can I borrow some weights and zip ties?

D_O_H:

Both inserts screw into where my DIN first stage would normally, I am aware of how that works. But one insert requires a slightly larger allen key and has a bigger "air hole" (not sure of the technical term). Could the larger one be for yoke valves designed to handle higher pressures? That is all I could think of...

As has been mentioned, great tank and buoyancy properties. The only regret I have with my purchase of an E7-100 a couple months back is not purchasing the only other remaining cylinder...now the wait!

ProMed:

I think you are talking about the size of the hex in the center of the insert, right? You should use the 3/16. It keeps the O-ring in place better.

I have a PST-120 and love it. That said, though, anyone considering a PST should read the thread about the company's problems and future.

mark99:
I think you are talking about the size of the hex in the center of the insert, right? You should use the 3/16. It keeps the O-ring in place better.

I have a PST-120 and love it. That said, though, anyone considering a PST should read the thread about the company's problems and future.

Read it. Still trying to ascertain whether or not the exemption becomes invalid if they close their doors (my current understanding is: yes). Supposedly they have no plans to do so, but you never know...

Blackwood:
Did you buy yours locally (I just noticed the HB stands for Hermosa) or are there decent deals online? The best I'm finding is at diveriteexpress.

I walked into a Naples(FL) LDS last Friday and he had a PST E7 100 just sitting there and at the same price as Dive Rite Express! I snatched that puppy up quick! I had him order me another one at the same price, but now I have to play the waiting game too. But talk about luck! Haven't had a chance to dive it yet, tho...went to Venice on Sunday and the conditions were bad.

JimC:
They make great singles for recreational diving. One of my buddies as 2 sets of doubles made out of them, but I don't think he is all that pleesed with how they trim out as doubles.

JimC could you elaborate, or anyone anyone else with the same opinion.
I WAS just about to pick up two E7-100's to use as a twin set and would like to know
all the pro's and con's .
Do you think there is a remedy to the bad trim problems that you have mentioned.
thanx...Al

Back
Top Bottom