Any experience with the newer, flexible neck ring from SiTech?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd sure love to hear from someone who has used the new one, especially if they have used it with a harness setup. The relief worried me a bit.

I have had one since they first came out. I would reinstall the new ring from SiTech in a second. I use a BP/W, and dive in Monterey, CA. Last dive I had an inflator leak on my primary suit and used my back-up with the old type of SiTech neck ring. While the old style is comfortable, the new one is completely un-noticable. FWIW, I'm 66", 140#, and female. My suit is a women's large DUI TLS350.

Hope that helps TSandM

I have a fusion suit and had it installed a few months ago. I am a big guy, 6'2", 220 lbs. After a few dives, when compared to the old latex:
1) Little harder to get on and off. Ring barely fits my head.
2) When on more comfortable than latex. Have the regular size seal - wish they made a larger one. I am down to only two lines left and still pretty tight on my neck. Fat neck guy.
3). When in the water, it feels a little more bulky around that area but mostly not noticeable. It does not interfere or get under my shoulder straps, but I generally don't use the chest snap.

I would do it again in a heart beat. I live in eastern Washington and have to travel hours to get to the good Puget Sound areas. Was always worried that a simple tear or break in the neck seal would end an expensive and time consuming trip. No more.

Back
Top Bottom