Any Dry Bag Suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who needs a expensive designer dry bags! I don't need clips or hooks to hang my drybag from the overhead... Things stay dry IN my dive bag without putting my belongings on display.

I do have a dry bag that came with my mesh dive bag but all it holds is my towel, a hat, and a shirt typically.

Try this...
Heavy duty zip lock freezer bags!!!

Cheap, pick them up anywhere, various sizes to match your needs, can be completly submerged!
I keep my divelog, important papers, visa, wallet, etc. all in ziplock bags.

I keep a small extra roll (about 5-10 bags) of them in the outside zipper on my mesh dive bag. Everything stays dry inside the bag.

I've taken items down to 50' in the bags without leaks.

I've put wet things in the bags to take back without leaks.

The work for compression packing too, stop at the last inch of the bag closure, sit on the bag or rollit tightly to squeeze out the air and zip the last inch... air tight seal.

This is the same thing I've done for years before diving, when I'd go cross country hiking in the Pacific Northwest (think Seattle) I use this for ALL my equipment and items inside my backpack.
I and the pack can be completly soaked from rain or crossing rivers etc, everything inside is nice and dry. Saves on lots of packspace for insulated items that are poofy too!

PS: I have a tupperare cake box I use for my Reg, firststage and hoses, It lets the hoses loop around without crimping, crushing or abbrasion. I can put them in clean and dry into a mesh dive bag and they stay that way until I use them (open back of a truck in the dusty desert).

In a pinch you can fill it with fresh water to clean them too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom