Any Decent Diving North Carolina?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes Diving Gal you are absolutely right in your research. But they did leave out the fact that the sharks there tend to have a weird sense of humor. When they see DRY SUITS they run off and come back wearing parkas and scarfs. No one knows why...some think it is a mating ritual....but not sure.

Just you wait until you try diving here.... there's tales of folks from the south turning into popsicles and the muskies enjoying a snack.

I know I'll be comfortable, and that's all what counts. (IMHO)

Oh ladie...you must learn about NC.....there are no muskie fans here. Mostly Goldwater and a few die hard Kennedy's.

I've heard the cancel rate for these NC boat trips is high because of bad surface conditions--does it make any difference what month or time of year you go there, or are the seas always bad?

Just hang around for a few minutes. It'll probably change. During the summer I don't recall missing very many trips due to weather. In the spring and fall the winds can be very fickle. Just be sure to book in advance or it probably won't matter what the weather is. You will probably be waving bye from the dock.

Thanks Lead Carrier--I guess if I make sure I'm down there at least a few days I should be assured of diving....I will definitely book in advance.

Lead_carrier:
Just hang around for a few minutes. It'll probably change. During the summer I don't recall missing very many trips due to weather. In the spring and fall the winds can be very fickle. Just be sure to book in advance or it probably won't matter what the weather is. You will probably be waving bye from the dock.

Back
Top Bottom