Any day boats close to Galveston in June?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a hunch the answer is no, but checking? I know about the Spree - got it on for July, but my daughter wants to do the family trip to Galvestons this year - after New Mexico desert and ruins last year. I think this is a good idea, but it'd be nice to do a day boat to a rig, if there are any?

For Galveston, the usual family stuff...
> Visit the San Jacinto battleground so the grandkids can know some about heritage;
> Seawolf park
> NASA
> Moody Gardens
> Beach
> Historic district

I like Galveston, been there many times - but that was before scuba. Thanks!

Sabine Pass (about a 1 hour drive from Galveston) used to have several charters running, but that was before Hurricane Rita and I haven't been in touch with any of the Capt's since before the storm. If that drive is doable PM me and I'll get you in touch with someone who would know who's still operating.

Map Quest suggests 135 miles here - but with ferries only 66 miles with this route but still suggests over 2 hours? You think it can be done in an hour? Might work; might have to rent a second car?

You posted as I did LVX; this looks a lot more conveninet, if I can catch them on a dive day, thanks...!

Yeah, I have used them once. The captain is a little rough around the edges but his boat is really nice. Overall I would go again and probably will this summer.

Oh, I see.

So I probably shouldn't wear my Teva's with the black-marking soles.

That kind of thing?

LVX:
Let's just say he really loves his boat... Nothing wrong with that but you have to remember there are divers with their equipment getting on board.
Hehe, good for a Skipper to care for his craft, I'll try to not spill coffee or drop tanks, weights.

As a single diver, I'll be challened to find the boat with enough other divers going to make the trip work - but still have room for me.

He supplies the tanks & weights...?
So I probably shouldn't wear my Teva's with the black-marking soles.

That kind of thing?
Not allowed according to his site. White soles only, and I can understand that.

Back
Top Bottom