Any comments on Nimar equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well here's the link to my amateur leak-solution in pictures. I'm no engineer but I get that a tighter main housing O'ring gives a better seal !!

Snapping away at last !!:D

Seems I need to make 5 post before I can post the URL to the pictures...So if you're waiting please reply...:)

Hi.

I've recently bought a Nimar housing for my Canon 500D. When I received it and tested it in the bath it leaked a little but after learning to use silicon grease around all of the o-rings it seems to be fine. I've not used it for diving yet but it does hold up under the pressure in a swimming pool. I'm just worried that when I go to dive the Red Sea in November, the pressure as I go deeper will cause leaks, after reading these posts.

If you could give me some tips on how to tighten the straps, it would be appreciated.

Thanks alot

Dan

I think I've managed to sort mine out. Hasn't leaked since I tightened the clips
I have posted it in pictures on my facebook page

Nimar housing is very impressive, i think. I've used for over 25 years now. My name is Antonio btw.
I feel like I made a good decision choosing Nimar. I have never used Ikelite so I can't talk bobo. But Nimar is very durable, I don't know how many times I've dropped it :/ and plus, I find the clear casing a plus.

Nimar housing is very impressive, i think. I've used for over 25 years now. My name is Antonio btw.
I feel like I made a good decision choosing Nimar. I have never used Ikelite so I can't talk bobo. But Nimar is very durable, I don't know how many times I've dropped it :/ and plus, I find the clear casing a plus.

A warning for anyone reading this thread - the above comment by AntoGoGora is almost verbatim the comment (except the name) made in this thread.
Nimar housing is very impressive, i think. I've used for over 25 years now. My name is Marcela btw.

I conclude they are the same person and have an interest in Nimar. My 2¢.

Just want to update on this old thread cause it appears some of our customers are bumping in to it on google.

Nimar revamped their manufacturing and their products are now entirely different than what they used to be. We have taken the housings for testing before starting to sell them again and are impressed. You can read our detailed review on the blog:
You searched for nimar - Underwater Cameras Blog by Mozaik

Thanks, Tal

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom