Any changes in security situation in Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A little more on the shortcut. Unless it has changed it is very rough at the beginning, if you are not in a truck do not try it. I can't imagine a car with enough ground clearance to cross some of the ruts.

Good advise. We tried it last July and found it too rough to use more than once. We were in a truck, I don't suggest trying it in a car... :palmtree: Bob

Last edited:
scubadrum, just wanted to give my 2 cents before your trip. I, too, left nothing of value in our truck, windows down, and never had a problem. Where are you staying? Although I never had an issue with theft at Buddy Dive, the couple next to us did get their rental camera stolen off of their 2nd story balcony during the night. They were told to leave the camera on the balcony at night by the resort, something about condensation. Obviously, don't do that.

I dove most of the day every day while there and never had anything touched, nor did I see any locals/loiterers at any point while driving and diving. But, yes, there definitely is petty theft, so leave nothing of value in truck.

Enjoy you trip!

Out of ten plus trips to Bonaire: gas siphoned. Once.

gas siphoning.....that's a new Bonaire one for me to consider :no:

Back
Top Bottom