Question Any cartel violence in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So no one has put bombs on the ferries lately?

I have seen some of the late night areas and going ons on the island. I think most would be shocked, but I also feel you need to search out trouble there, like most places.

I would have to say only if you're in a cartel.

Don't go where you don't belong and if a situation seems wonky, it is.

We breathe underwater. Probably more likely to get injured that way than cartel violence.

Few years ago cartel shot up a police officers house 2 blocks from my house. I heard the automatic gunfire. The cop apparently had some of their product and they wanted it back. Unless you are in the drug trade or try to rip off a cartel as in recent violence at Xcaret resort, its relatively safe.

So no one has put bombs on the ferries lately?
That was 100% an inside job.

These posts always make me laugh. Does your girlfriend live in a town with absolutely zero crime? You're in more danger driving to the airport than once you're on vacation.

These posts always make me laugh. Does your girlfriend live in a town with absolutely zero crime? You're in more danger driving to the airport than once you're on vacation.

Not everyone knows what you know and has experienced what you have experienced. People seek reassurance that they will be safe when going to a new place. I had the same concern when I first went to Cozumel 15 years ago. Knowing what we know about the island puts us in a great position to help people asking questions like this. Mocking them is counterproductive.

I'm sure that is what those innocent vacationers in Tulum and Cancun thought as they were laying on the beach soaking in the sun. The OP's question is a prudent and reasonable one these days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom