Any Beach diving in Broward area this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What was the shark commotion? One of the older guys sitting on the benches asked if there were dangerous fish or sharks around, because a bunch of swimmers came running out of the water yelling shark. I told him the only thing I'd ever seen or heard about at LBT was nurse shark that usually just sort of lay around or take off when they see a diver. Was there really some type of shark in the shallows that spooked swimmers? Or did someone watch Jaws before coming to the beach, lol.

I did. Checking out this weekend..weather permitting. Starting your advanced class on the 4th, right?

I never saw a shark, but a woman was standing on the beach yelling at us when we came up...said someone saw a shark. Wished I would have seen it too! lol

My buddy and I are diving Pompano Beach on Saturday AM if anybody's looking for a dive.

The tarpon are running and a lot of folks think they are sharks.

Scuba_Jenny:
The tarpon are running and a lot of folks think they are sharks.

Yeah, I did a dive Tuesday afternoon & found myself in the middle of a school of tarpon- 15-20- many of them as big as me!!!

I am not diving next weekend. but I am wondering if someone wants to dive on July6th in the morning?

Fast, I should be ok for a beach dive on the 6th. I'm going to PM you with my contact info. I won't have computer access for a few days.

Marvel... Was that you with the pink gear , super long fins and 2 other divers at Datura Thursday A.M.? If so it was nice to almost meet ya! I was the big blue elevator guy, watching everyone leave. Wishin' I was divin' too!

If not and ya happen to see a big blue elevator guy watchin' everyone leave... I'm Marc and it'll be nice to meet ya!

Marc,
At least you are warning everyone about who you are, if not, we'd all be kind of freaked out about the elevator scuba stalker :)

Room for another in the group tomorrow a.m.? If so, what time and where?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom