Any 0.5mm or 1mm Full Suits Still Available?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marek K

Contributor
Reaction score
My beloved Henderson 0.5mm Microprene front-zip suit is showing its age -- stretching out.

They've discontinued it, and they mean it this time -- I can't even find it on closeout anywhere anymore.

The Microprene back-zip suit seems to have been discontinued too.

What alternatives do I have now? I do want a full suit for the physical protection, and 0.5mm gave me just the right touch of thermal protection in tropical water.

I'm afraid 1.5mm may be a bit too much. I do see a Cressi 1mm back-zip suit available. Anything else? I do want to keep it at around $100.

I bought an Xcel suit the other day. It has three thicknesses on it (.5, 1, and 1.5mm). It is great for warm water dives. I got it at my local shop for $25 because some lady had returned it because it didn't fit her husband. I love the suit because it is thicker in the right places to keep you warm enough.

Hi,
Have you been to the Leisure Pro website they have three models under your price range and Bare Products for just over. Here are some SKU's to check out on the website. Either copy and paste SKU into the search window or just go to wetsuits and check out all suits.
SKU: BLR1JM Neo Sport 1mm Mens Neo Skin Jumpsuit, SKU: CSB1JM Cressi 1mm Jumpsuit Mens, SKU: HNDMJM Henderson 1mm Mens Microprene One Piece Jumpsuit, all are under $100.00

Sincerely,

Leisure proski

Hi,
Have you been to the Leisure Pro website they have three models under your price range and Bare Products for just over. Here are some SKU's to check out on the website. Either copy and paste SKU into the search window or just go to wetsuits and check out all suits.
SKU: BLR1JM Neo Sport 1mm Mens Neo Skin Jumpsuit, SKU: CSB1JM Cressi 1mm Jumpsuit Mens, SKU: HNDMJM Henderson 1mm Mens Microprene One Piece Jumpsuit, all are under $100.00

Sincerely,

Leisure proski

Yeah, I just saw those, thanks. Worth considering. The Henderson Microprene suit is the back-zip one that's recently been discontinued too; LP doesn't have it in my size (XL).

Have you considered a skin? Not the thin polyester sissy suit... there are skins made of some material that feels like fleece in the inside. I want to say Polartec but not sure if that's what it is.

I bought a Henderson one, maybe 8 nor 9 years ago (kinda expensive) and last year took it to a custom wetsuit place in Hollywood, FL to see if they could replicate it. So now I have 2 of them, one a bit older but still has the same thermal qualities.
There is not compression at depth (no buoyancy issue either) with the warmth of a 0.5mm maybe even the 1mm not sure.

Have you considered a skin? Not the thin polyester sissy suit... there are skins made of some material that feels like fleece in the inside. I want to say Polartec but not sure if that's what it is.

You mean polyolefin? Yeah, I've been seeing some of those advertised, to include by Henderson. Price is right.

Nice thing is that it's offered as a front-zip model; and, like you say, no buoyancy factor -- not that 0.5mm neoprene has that much to begin with.

I'm just used to neoprene -- know how it behaves, feels, wears... and I'm not familiar with polyolefin at all...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom