Hollis NeoTek 4/3 Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxE

Contributor
Reaction score
This summer I received a new Hollis NeoTek 4/3 wetsuit. I have had the opportunity to put a few dives in on it. I dont see this suit talked about so wanted to give a little write up.

It seems this suit is based on the 8/7/6 semi-dry suit they make but it's not called a semi-dry. It does seem to move very little water during the dive and has ankle and wrist rolled cuffs and material that functions like a seal.
It is a hooded suit with front chest Zipper.

Getting into the suit with the hood and internal bib takes a little more effort than a back zip suit but not impossible, getting out also takes a bit more thought the first few times. The biggest issue I have it the extra fabric for the bib seems to want to bunch up and getting it all sorted out without help requires flexibility and patience.

The suit has large stretchy pockets. Not as big as on my drysuit but larger than the glue on ones I have put on all my other wetsuits. I really wish more manufactures would add large pockets to wetsuits.

This is a serious wetsuit. I have mostly purchased cheap suits in the past and have had no big issues with them, this suit is in an entirely different league. This is probably the nicest wetsuit I own, construction, fit, materials this suit rocks, a close second is my deep6 7mm but honestly when I need that i'm going dry now. I don't like being cold and am typically in more exposure protection than most others in similar waters, this suit is warm. I have had it in water from 74-84, on the lower end I can certainly feel the water chill at first but it quickly warms up and I can make a nice long dive with no issues. On the top end to that water range it was toasty but not hot. I never felt overheated but 83+ is probably pushing it, I would probably opt for a traditional 3mm there and have a hooded vest available if needed. This suit may replace my need for a 5mm, time will tell

In full disclosure... I won this suit during Dive Right In Scuba's virtual dive show this spring and I know this is not a cheap suit, the deep6 was not either but I bought it when they were discontinued and on sale. I will probably be much more willing to look at and consider higher end suits after owning this and the deep6 suit.

This summer I received a new Hollis NeoTek 4/3 wetsuit. I have had the opportunity to put a few dives in on it. I dont see this suit talked about so wanted to give a little write up.

It seems this suit is based on the 8/7/6 semi-dry suit they make but it's not called a semi-dry. It does seem to move very little water during the dive and has ankle and wrist rolled cuffs and material that functions like a seal.
It is a hooded suit with front chest Zipper.

Getting into the suit with the hood and internal bib takes a little more effort than a back zip suit but not impossible, getting out also takes a bit more thought the first few times The biggest issue I have it the extra fabric for the bib seems to want to bunch up and getting it all sorted out without help requires flexibility and patience.

The suit has large stretchy pockets. Not as big as on my drysuit but larger than the glue on ones I have put on all my other wetsuits. I really wish more manufactures would add large pockets to wetsuits.

This is a serious wetsuit. I have mostly purchased cheap suits in the past and have had no big issues with them, this suit is in an entirely different league. This is probably the nicest wetsuit I own, construction, fit, materials this suit rocks, a close second is my deep6 7mm but honestly when I need that i'm going dry now. I don't like being cold and am typically in more exposure protection than most others in similar waters, this suit is warm. I have had it in water from 74-84, on the lower end I can certainly feel the water chill at first but it quickly warms up and I can make a nice long dive with no issues. On the top end to that water range it was toasty but not hot. I never felt overheated but 83+ is probably pushing it, I would probably opt for a traditional 3mm there and have a hooded vest available if needed. This suit may replace my need for a 5mm, time will tell

In full disclosure... I won this suit during Dive Right In Scuba's virtual dive show this spring and I know this is not a cheap suit, the deep6 was not either but I bought it when they were discontinued and on sale. I will probably be much more willing to look at and consider higher end suits after owning this and the deep6 suit.

Myself and a former student of mine just got this Hollis NeoTek 4/3. a "semi-dry" 4/3 mm suit. It is a fantastic suit that covers the 7, 5 and 4mm range for us.

It was a little challenge to get it on and off, more challenge to get it off, the first few times but I learned how to get in and out of it later. I like it because it is a "solo" diver suit and I don't need somebody to zip me up like I do with other semi-dry suits that have the zipper across the shoulders on the back of the suit. This suit will be perfect for 18 - 25 C waters and for diving deeper and staying longer where the 5 and 3mm suits don't keep me as warm.

My only complaint is the sizing of the suit, I wish they had a 2XL-Short like they do in the Bare Sports line which fits me perfectly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom