Anti-Fogging Treatments for New Masks. (a comparison of techniques)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, Jeez. It gets even worse. I'm either out of or can't find my old, old underwater fuse. It had nothing to do with torpedoes (no warheads, just an intimidating bubble trail) in the local stream where I grew up. My story and I'm sticking to it.

I found the same stuff here: Fire In The Hole scroll down to American Red Cannon Fuse.

Now I KNOW that I'm on somebody's list!

Anyway, nothing more until it arrives...

...........................................................................................................................

Update 8/9/2020: Use this for fuse if you need it: American Visco Cannon Fuse

This link appears to be the US manufacturer. Get the American made version. Many report problems with the Chinese fuses.

Update:

Just in case anyone is trying to do this themselves, be damn careful with the nozzle design:

(BTW, I use sucrose. Common sugar. Safer.)

Anyway, the fuse arrived. Some substantial machining needs to be done before the next mask test...

Reminds me of a T-shirt I saw for sale at NASA.

upload_2020-8-15_15-9-57.jpeg

Reminds me of a T-shirt I saw for sale at NASA.

Yeah, so much easier now that one can just search global intelligence. It ain't rocket science anymore.

Funny thing is that the internet just booted EVERYBODY forward. I see no loss in that. It just allows all of us 'hands-on' types to still goof, but at a much higher level.

:)

Yeah, so much easier now that one can just search global intelligence. It ain't rocket science anymore.

Funny thing is that the internet just booted EVERYBODY forward. I see no loss in that. It just allows all of us 'hands-on' types to still goof, but at a much higher level.

:)

...to a certain degree. Not sure that the Internet has helped many understand Iwasawa Theory. In fact, one could argue that there are many bullsheeters who claim that they understand many topics about which they have no clue because of Google.

Not sure that the Internet has helped many understand Iwasawa Theory.
Way, waaaay too 'pure' for me, I'm totally 'applied'. Remarkably refreshing insight, though.

My gears jam on wavelets. They sound damn useful but I just can't wrap my head around USING the concept. Fourier (Bode analysis) hell yeah!

Wavelets, uhhhhhh...

Way, waaaay too 'pure' for me, I'm totally 'applied'. Remarkably refreshing insight, though.

My gears jam on wavelets. They sound damn useful but I just can't wrap my head around USING the concept. Fourier (Bode analysis) hell yeah!

Wavelets, uhhhhhh...

Wiles used Iwasawa to prove Fermat. Check that sometime if you can’t sleep at night. I know nothing about applied math. Too “useful” for me. LOL.

Wiles used Iwasawa to prove Fermat. Check that sometime if you can’t sleep at night. I know nothing about applied math. Too “useful” for me. LOL.
You would not have liked my favorite professor in grad school who referred to "applicable math."

You would not have liked my favorite professor in grad school who referred to "applicable math."

I spent 10 years researching and proving obscure concepts of dubious value. Looks like Lobochevskian Geometry was a total time waste; Proving Euclid wrong...harumph. I should have spent that valuable time instead figuring equations to show how to defog a mask. Nah, probably too complex.

“An engineer thinks that his equations are an approximation to reality. A physicist thinks reality is an approximation to his equations. A mathematician doesn't care.”

I know nothing about applied math. Too “useful” for me.
Self-deprecating humor, to me, is most amusing as it shows a comfort level with oneself. :)

I'll reply in kind:

"A mathematician, a physicist, and an engineer are all found guilty of treason...
renderTimingPixel.png

and are sentenced to beheading by guillotine.

On the day of the triple execution, they are brought to be beheaded. The priest blesses the execution, saying all is done in God's name, and the King orders the three executed.

The mathematician is to be killed first, and the executioner gives him two options: would he like a hood on or off, and would he like to be face up or face down.

So the mathematician says "Well, they all arrive at the equivalent state of beheading, so it's an arbitrary choice. I suppose I'll take no hood and face down, since it's the simplest solution."

So they lock him into the guillotine, the executioner drops the blade... and it stops inches from his neck.

The priest exclaims "It's a sign from God! This man is innocent! He must be let free!"

The King agrees, pardons the mathematician, and lets him go.

Next up to be killed is the physicist. He is given the same options: hood on or off; face up or face down.

So the physicist thinks, and says "Well, I've spent my whole life looking up at the stars and studying them... but it's broad daylight. I will take the hood to make it dark like night, and face up towards the Heavens."

So they lock him into the guillotine, the executioner drops the blade... and it stops inches from his neck.

The priest exclaims again "It's a sign from God! This man is innocent! He must be let free!"

The King agrees, pardons the physicist, and lets him go.

Finally, it's the engineer's turn to face the guillotine. He's given the same options: hood on or off; face up or down.

The engineer ponders, and says "I've spent my whole life studying machines and mechanical devices. If I am to be killed by the most efficient killing machine of all time, then I will look at its workings while I die! Hood off and face up!"

So they lock him into the guillotine, and the executioner is about to drop the blade, when the engineer exclaims:

Wait! Wait! Right there! THERE IS YOUR PROBLEM!!! "

Back
Top Bottom