Anti-Fogging Treatments for New Masks. (a comparison of techniques)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So help me (insert your fav deity here) I won't ever mess with this s**t again!

Nonsense! You and @racanichou have a challenge ahead of you: Compare "our" defog solution (10:1 / water:BS) to the super expensive NEW Reef-friendly Mask Defog - Stream2Sea.com stuff. As a bonus, I also would like to know if the expensive stuff can pull double duty so I can shampoo my hair with it. :-D

Nonsense! You and @racanichou have a challenge ahead of you: Compare "our" defog solution (10:1 / water:BS) to the super expensive NEW Reef-friendly Mask Defog - Stream2Sea.com stuff. As a bonus, I also would like to know if the expensive stuff can pull double duty so I can shampoo my hair with it. :-D
LOL! Yes, for sure our defog can pull double duty as your shampoo too - but it would be more cost-effective to just use our Shampoo and Bodywash 3-in-1 | Stream2Sea as your all-in-one go-to for shampoo, bodywash, and conditioner. It's so gentle you can use on deck showers and not worry about all of the suds running overboard.

LOL! Yes, for sure our defog can pull double duty as your shampoo too - but it would be more cost-effective to just use our Shampoo and Bodywash 3-in-1 | Stream2Sea as your all-in-one go-to for shampoo, bodywash, and conditioner. It's so gentle you can use on deck showers and not worry about all of the suds running overboard.
YIKES! I just tried to order the New Reef Friendly Mask Defog from your site and the shipping cost to Texas is almost as much as the cost of the defog itself! Is this accurate???

BS is triple duty. I use it all the time as suit lube to help my wetsuit slide on very easily. :)

YIKES! I just tried to order the New Reef Friendly Mask Defog from your site and the shipping cost to Texas is almost as much as the cost of the defog itself! Is this accurate???
That IS a crazy shipping price! I know that since covid has rocked our world - increased shipping costs and delayed shipping times have also plagued us (no pun intended!). I have alerted our webmaster regarding this possible shipping calculator error and I will message you once I get an answer. -Leslie w/Stream2Sea

No, NO! :shocked: I need a break from testing!

I still have to deal with Chromium 6 (the chemical volcano stuff) in a bucket. Decontamination. Back-and-forth battle of adding solutions and then removing the water. That has gained a life of its own, but I'm winning...

I've been away from the board a bit due to IRL, a recent tropical depression, and decontamination obligations. Eco friendly from here on...

@Johnoly: From here on, pure eco. Dude, all you need to make a decent rocket is piss and sugar. But we are here to defog masks. :wink:

Backstory:

Using Urine to make Potassium Nitrate « Survival School - Midwest Native Skills Institute (FWIW, I'm NOT a survivalist) I just buy potassium nitrate.

Sugar:

I love this thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom