anti-fog for mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaGold Gel

"Of course, there's always the $10/2oz bottle of sweat distilled from the thighs of Italian virgins"

Fish Whisperer. I rinse my mouth with that stuff would never waste a drop in my mask! Seriously though J&J shampoo or saliva works too

texdiveguy:
SeaGold Gel

I second that!!! The real stuff too not just another wantabe. So does ScubaDiving Mag who did a test. (okay go ahead and popo the tests as being rigged for advertizing dollars) In fact, they rated Baby Shampoo about middle of the pack and I think spit was last in the ratings.

I've used spit and J&J Baby shampoo when in a pinch. Mask would sometimes fog and sometimes it wouldn't. With Sea Gold it's never fogged.

It can be used dry or wet and I do reapply it between dives.

The other work I guess but if you want a sure fire product it's SeaGold. $6 bottle lasts about 40 -50 dives. A bottle fits nicely in my mask box.

Available at your LDS.:wink:

Attachments

• kraken spit.jpg
    kraken spit.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 96
haha too much time on your hands!

I use spit by Jaws...it's awesome!

I use commercial defog (my mask bag where I carry it is apparently in the car and I'm too lazy to go get it for the name- but I did do a quick google search and I think its that 500 psi stuff- use sparingly, a little goes a long way). I like it. I usually forget it for dive #2 and beyond. Then I use spit. But I find that my mask fogs up more with spit and I end up having to let water in and keep nodding my head up and down to swish the water around when it's fogged up.

That's another option- if you fog up down below, leak a little water in and play at confused navigator.

500 psi on the first dive, then spit because I usually forget it :)

The Kraken:
Gawd !!! I LOVE IT ! ! ! !

the K

I didn't even notice it the first time...

Did I ever mention that I love that movie- Harry Hamlin RULES!
(as a member of Dork Divers anonymous I accept all responsibility for my naming the lead man in a movie without googling to make sure I got it right- I think the last time I watched that movie I was in middle school- I'll have to go check eBay- much more embarrassing is making up lyrics to a song you think doesn't exist only to find out that it does/did exist and was very popular in it's day).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom