anti-fog for mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After my 10th dive or so, I forgot to bring my anti-fog with me, so I spit in my mask. I never looked back... spit has kept me fog-free for a couple hundred dives, and I don't see the sense in paying for defog solution when you already have a mouth full of it.

It works well enough that you'll probably never wish you had "artificial spit" with you unless you're germ-phobic about your own mouth. Uncle Pug once claimed it works best with little chunks of oreo in it, but I can't say I've tested that myself.

THE Legendary "Uncle Pug" ! ! ! !

Yes, Caroline, there really is an "Uncle Pug" ! ! !

the K

I tried using defog . . . The problem was that I never remembered to put it in the mask at the car, where I geared up. Or I didn't have any water to rinse it out before it completely dried.

I've now gone to a completely portable, endlessly renewable source of mask defog, which is easy to use at the water's side and will not sting the eyes: spit.

If you buy one of those really "no frills" wet suits that has no lining which are pretty popular with commercial divers, squirting shampoo and/or cream rense in the suit between dives makes it a lot eaiser to pull on when it's wet. Apply during suit up, not right after the last dive. Will not work with a dry wet suit.

I perfer the fuzz lined wet suits. The fuzz prevents the suit from sticking to your skin when it's wet. They are eaiser to put on when wet.

Lessthanlethal:
Thats funny. When you first posted that I looked it up on line "Kraken Spit". lots of sites on spit and other stuff but not shampoo!
lol

That's funny!

I might just have to play around with Photoshop when I get home tonight...:D

MBH:
That's funny!

I might just have to play around with Photoshop when I get home tonight...:D

Sure would be interested in seeing what you come up with !?!?!?!?! :D

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom