anti-fog for mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kraken Spit.

It's good for no-fog, rinsing your B/C bladder, cleaning your wet suit, lubricating dry suit seals, and washing your hair.

Some folks call it Johnson & Johnson's Baby Shampoo.

the K

Johnson's Baby Shampoo. Seriously. When you get your mask and scrub it with toothpaste to remove all of the processing crud, then before the dive, squirt a little Baby Shampoo on the lenses, rub it around with your fingers, then rinse the mask, and go enjoy your fog-free dive. It's a damn site cheaper than any of that crap they're pushing in the dive shops, and it works just as well, if not better. Enjoy!

P.S. You can also spit in your mask or (I swear, I'm not making this up) lick the lenses, then rinse and go. The shampoo works better, though. LOL

No problem ! ! !

Many of the commercially purchased no-fog solutions can really burn one's eyes if one uses a bit too much.

Johnson & Johnson's Baby Shampoo (No More Tears) won't sting your eyes if you overdo it. Simply put a drop on each mask lens, smear about with the finger, and then gently rinse the mask before donning.

You can buy a huge bottle of it for about $2.50 whereas a 2 oz. bottle of commercial no-fog solution will run you anywhere from $3 to as much as $7 at a dive shop.

The shampoo, of course, can be purchased at most any convenience store, grocery store or pharmacy.

As I mentioned, it's also good to put in a tub of water and rinse your wet suit after a salt water dive.

From time to time, the bladder of your B/C needs to be cleaned. A drop or two in some water and poured into the B/C bladder and sloshed around will help keep icky stuff from growing inside your B/C.

If you're a dry suit diver, putting some inside the latex cuff seals let your hands just slip right on through when donning the dry suit with very little effort.

And if you have hair, unlike me, you can actually use it to wash your hair.

And you'll smell baby-butt sweet !!!!

the K

Fish_Whisperer:
P.S. You can also spit in your mask or (I swear, I'm not making this up) lick the lenses, then rinse and go. The shampoo works better, though. LOL

I just spit into my mask, but don't rinse. I just rub the spit all over the mask so that there are no noticeable bubbles or build-up. Gross... I know, but works quite well IMO. Though, baby shampoo is a good idea, but usually forget to bring some with me.

Oh, by the way, if you go into a pharmacy, I'd suggest that you not ask them where you can find "Kraken Spit".

the K

Back
Top Bottom