AnotherThreadAboutCOanalyzers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got a fast answer from Sencorcon. Sensor replacement is $69. This is perfectly OK.

My living room, even when my woodstove is burning is zero.
5ppm would be very poor ventilation.
If we accept that your measuring equipment and readings are accurate then you have very good ventilation. Wood fires can produce thousands of ppm of CO. Ideally all of that will go out the chimney and you will receive clean heat radiating. On the other extreme, death from smoke inhalation in a house fire is actually CO poisoning and rapid.
Monitoring CO levels is tricky. The criteria of where monitoring units are to be placed can vary with opinions, and the levels will vary so much moment to moment and hour to hour that you have to have sophisticated equipment to compute records of averages. One 1975 study of Mexico City air found 100-200ppm was common.

Home CO alarms are designed to react to levels over time. They may still go off when a heater is first started but the air can be fine by the time the fire department arrives.
I got a fast answer from Sencorcon. Sensor replacement is $69. This is perfectly OK.
I did as well...
Calibration = calibrating the unit and a battery $49.00​
Out of warranty service= sensor change, reprogram pcb, calibration,new battery $69.00​

So the last time I caught a $99 sale, I splurged and spent $30 more to get a new unit to avoid sending mine in and living without it for a couple of weeks. When my old unit stops working and my newer one is ready for the two-year service, I'll send the old one in.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom