Case for my 02 & CO analyzer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
I picked up a OxyCheq Expedition O2 Analyzer and will have a Expedition CO Analyzer on order soon. Would like to be able to fit them both in a waterproof box that allows me to keep the flow restrictor on If I so wish. The container it comes in is fine for the shop but not at the dive site. Would like to be able to take when traveling too... Fits in my dive bag. IDEAS? Didn't see a pelican that wasn't to big.

Approximate Dimensions: L3.5" x W2.5" x H1.6" each. Flow restrictor add 1/2" to height.

I think you need to look at the pelican site. They have cases of all sizes. Some too small for what you need and some way to big. I do believe they have the just right Goldilocks case for your needs. The question will be with or without foam….

1120, 1150 & 1200 seem like a starting place

When I'm not on vacation and at my home port, I keep both my O2 and CO testers in an air tight Pelican 1200 case. It's small enough to take to the LDS and check my tanks and then sits on the floor next to my tanks. It's so strong it doesn't matter if it gets kicked around and knocked over. The air tight seal also saves the sensor life. If I go on vacation I take just the 2 tester units and put them in my dry bag so I don't carry the pelican.

In your weekly tank fills, you'll need a couple of other items and that's why the 1200 case is a little bigger but has additional room. I also bring my own tank pressure checker cause it's just quicker than looking for the shop's. Same reason I pack a magic marker cause you can't find one when you need to write down the mix on the tank label. I keep a paint pen to refresh my name / tank ID # too cause I abuse my equipment and it wears off. Lastly I keep an IP pressure gauge just so it reminds me to do an IP check once a month so I don't get any sudden surprises which will cancel a dive.

If you do get a case with "pick & pull" foam,>>>Use an electric carving knife (like for turkey) and it will easily make smooth curves & custom cut-outs for your items and make it look like it came from the factory. Whatever case you decide on don't forget >> Engrave your Name & cell # plus the word "Reward$$" on the outside. Pict below of my 1200 case setup. PS Harbor Freight has some really good Pelican 'Clones'

IMG_5235.JPG

When I'm not on vacation and at my home port, I keep both my O2 and CO testers in an air tight Pelican 1200 case. It's small enough to take to the LDS and check my tanks and then sits on the floor next to my tanks. It's so strong it doesn't matter if it gets kicked around and knocked over. The air tight seal also saves the sensor life. If I go on vacation I take just the 2 tester units and put them in my dry bag so I don't carry the pelican.

In your weekly tank fills, you'll need a couple of other items and that's why the 1200 case is a little bigger but has additional room. I also bring my own tank pressure checker cause it's just quicker than looking for the shop's. Same reason I pack a magic marker cause you can't find one when you need to write down the mix on the tank label. I keep a paint pen to refresh my name / tank ID # too cause I abuse my equipment and it wears off. Lastly I keep an IP pressure gauge just so it reminds me to do an IP check once a month so I don't get any sudden surprises which will cancel a dive.

If you do get a case with "pick & pull" foam,>>>Use an electric carving knife (like for turkey) and it will easily make smooth curves & custom cut-outs for your items and make it look like it came from the factory. Whatever case you decide on don't forget >> Engrave your Name & cell # plus the word "Reward$$" on the outside. Pict below of my 1200 case setup. PS Harbor Freight has some really good Pelican 'Clones'

View attachment 690522

Some great ideas in here. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom