Another "Which Aggressor?" recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree w what KathyV said. Land based, I might be inclined to pick Cayman over T&C due to the travel time. Land based in T&C, you have a 45 min boat ride there and 45 min back and it gets old. Liveaboard, I would pick T&C all day long.

Between the 3 Cayman Islands, I would pick Little Cayman over the other two. Why? Traffic. Little Cayman is less dived, more pristine, just more impressive in general. No offense to those who love the other two islands, I just liked the 2 dives I did in Bloody Bay better than anything else on GC or Brac, which do not impress me at all. I like to see larger more rare animals and GC and Brac fail in the dept.

I agree w what KathyV said. Land based, I might be inclined to pick Cayman over T&C due to the travel time. Land based in T&C, you have a 45 min boat ride there and 45 min back and it gets old. Liveaboard, I would pick T&C all day long.

Between the 3 Cayman Islands, I would pick Little Cayman over the other two. Why? Traffic. Little Cayman is less dived, more pristine, just more impressive in general. No offense to those who love the other two islands, I just liked the 2 dives I did in Bloody Bay better than anything else on GC or Brac, which do not impress me at all. I like to see larger more rare animals and GC and Brac fail in the dept.

I agree that Little Cayman has the best diving of the 3 Cayman islands, but you are incorrect in stating that it has been dived the least. There is only 1 dive resort and 2 dive ops on Brac, but there are at least 4 dive resorts/ops on LC - because of the attractions of the BBW - and the Aggressor also spends most of its time off of LC, weather permitting.

There are many dive ops on Grand Cayman and loads of visitors, including cruise ship divers, so GC has definitely been dived the most. When we first visited GC in the 1980s the diving was amazing and places like Eden Rock and Devil's Grotto were exceptional, but they have been dived a lot since then.

We have enjoyed good diving off of all 3 Cayman islands but I would rank the best diving as: LC first, then CB, and then GC, especially the East End and North Wall.

Between the sister islands, we like the funky vibe and natural topside beauty of Brac more than LC; and our experiences have been that if the weather is bad, we have a better chance of finding good dives off of Brac than off of Little Cayman. Diving the south side of LC is okay but nothing compared to the BBW and Jackson's Bight.

Fully booked boats, sweet talking the boss (actual work boss) and airline madness. I need to get this resolved before the end of Wednesday haha.

Little late to reply, but what the heck lol.

Got a spot on the Kona Aggressor for December. Cayman was my first choice, but with the crossing worry for this time of year, and by the time I figured out what weeks I could go, the spots had filled up. Kona (and a return to Oahu) has always been a huge draw for me, and once I put my mind on my airlines miles, I realized I could go to Hawaii for cheaper than going to Cayman or Belize, so that was the choice. Lets hope for a great Manta dive, and lets even push our luck with hoping for some early Humpback action! Thanks for the tips and recommendations everyone!

Also, I hope everyone who got to take advantage of this deal some great and safe diving!

Little late to reply, but what the heck lol.

Got a spot on the Kona Aggressor for December. Cayman was my first choice, but with the crossing worry for this time of year, and by the time I figured out what weeks I could go, the spots had filled up. Kona (and a return to Oahu) has always been a huge draw for me, and once I put my mind on my airlines miles, I realized I could go to Hawaii for cheaper than going to Cayman or Belize, so that was the choice. Lets hope for a great Manta dive, and lets even push our luck with hoping for some early Humpback action! Thanks for the tips and recommendations everyone!

Also, I hope everyone who got to take advantage of this deal some great and safe diving!

Congratulations, I hope that you have a great trip, please give us a report when you return!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom