Another Venice Beach Dive-Sun. 1-11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeAire

Contributor
Reaction score
A few of us hardy, if not masochistic, folks are going back to VB, Sunday Jan 11th, to test our resolve and hopefully be rewarded with a prehistoric trinket or two. Or at least as many laughs as we had from the last time. We plan to get there at 9:am. at the end of Alhambra, same place as last time. Hope to see some of ya'll there.

Chuck

Oh yea I forgot: May the visibilty gods smile down on us.

Chuck

They weren't smiling this weekend, I can tell you.

SmokeAire:
A few of us hardy, if not masochistic, folks are going back to VB, Sunday Jan 11th, to test our resolve and hopefully be rewarded with a prehistoric trinket or two. Or at least as many laughs as we had from the last time. We plan to get there at 9:am. at the end of Alhambra, same place as last time. Hope to see some of ya'll there.

Chuck
OK I am ready, this lady only rolls in surf once! Like the phoenix rising this one will WALK out . taking bets????

I will try to make it down.

Low vis is no big deal for me, but getting up early and driving for something like 3 hours is not as easy as when I was younger.

Most likely will be there. Looking to dive every week-end while I'm still down here. Available during the week too if anyone is interested.

Ok there was talk of 8am, is that now off? Although a pretty long drive and early start, IF anyone was thinking of going down there at that time, we would be grateful for the extras!! We (GF and i) would like to get in the water earlyish so we could get out before 10 and get to church before a possible afternoon dive (either at VB or somewhere on the way back to Orlando). Last time, i got there at 9, ready just about 9.30 after chatting a bit, but we didnt start diving til 9.50 with the search for Walter's mask - kind of blew the idea of getting to Sarasota @ 10.45 right out of the water (no pun intended).

So i hope to get there at 8, if any hardy souls wish to join us, please feel the pleasure of getting up before the sun even contemplates it!! Have to get to the LDS to get a surface float and a little more weight before then - not to mention a 5 or 7mm wetsuit for my GF.

One other question, what comes out of those 'pipes' on the beach?? Is it just road drainage, or something less pleasant??

Hope to see a few folks there, even if we dont get to dive with the late commers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom