Another UTD Essentials Report 10/9-10/11/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great moments are hard to pass up, and I was there to capture the moment. I had the opportunity to see Kathy do her first night dive here in Monterey. I stayed topside and supported the Team, while Doc Wong and Ben took out our fearless diver.

I snapped a couple of topside pics for all of you to enjoy, and ask questions about her first night dive. Take it away K....

35hfihk.jpg

25sqyig.jpg

Last edited:
Great moments are hard to pass up, and I was there to capture the moment. I had the opportunity to see Kathy do her first night dive here in Monterey. I stayed topside and supported the Team, while Doc Wong and Ben took out our fearless diver.

I snapped a couple of topside pics for all of you to enjoy, and ask questions about her first night dive. Take it away K....

35hfihk.jpg

Thanks Mike! That's a great pic! It was my first night dive ever in cold water (but I've done tons in tropics) & couldn't ask for better partners than Ben & Doc with their doubles :D. Luvin my 21W Salvo.

Vis was so-so - lots of kicking, swam all over the place. Hung out over the sand/grass for over an hour & saw lots of crabs, shirmp and other cool critters, the highlight was a sea otter that kept diving by to check us out. It had the cutest eyes.

Well the real highlight is all this confidence I have in the water after taking Essentials :D! The dive was so relaxing!

Last edited:
When's the night dive to the Metridium Fields? Count me in!

When's the night dive to the Metridium Fields? Count me in!

That sounds fun!

Kathy, are those drygloves I see? How do you like 'em?

Dry gloves - Kenn, you are quite observant! It's my first weekend diving them :D.

No more wet cold fingers that are too stiff to clip/unclip 50 minutes into the dive ;-). No more water leaking through my wrist seals - except an occasional tiny trickle from the neck seal, my suit is completely dry :) - My partners can see my hand signals much better & the important stuff: the blue surf gloves are quite cute with my drysuit colors :).

New sensitivity level/pressure changes will take a few dives to forget - but so far I love them!

Last edited:
I was surfing the web, diving wise...and guess what i`ve found:

Mike and Kathy

I hope this link has not been posted already. I did not had a chance to read all.

Wow,

Thanks for finding that link, I saw the pics and it brought back some nice memories, both exhausting ones and laughs...

I hope Mike Miller and Kathy take a look at the link, they should get a smile as well...

MG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom