Another UTD Essentials Report 10/9-10/11/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope to take the class sometime next year to work on the same things Mike M mentioned to better my photography skills.

Hi Michelle,

I think you're going to love Essentials and Don! The dive skills are really fantastic!

Last edited:
Kathy,

You have me almost salivating at the fun that awaits me in December when I take the class with Don. It sounds like you not only learned a lot, but had a ton of fun as well and those two items really matter.
Peace,
Greg

Greg you have quite a ride ahead of you!

If I can make one suggestion that will really help: Work on your buoyancy now and try to learn how to stay in one place at one depth.

Practicing this in a pool should really help!

Good luck! I'm really excited to hear how it goes!

Hi Sam,

Hopefully you'll make it back to the West coast one of these days & we can hop in the water :)!

Thank you, Kathy. I do have family out in the San Fran area so would def be out on the west coast again. :D

Hi Michelle,

I think you're going to love Essentials and Don! The dive skills are really fantastic!

I can't wait! :D

Don has a December class on his schedule. Just sayin' :D

I'd love to do that one Mike, but time and money are both issues for me right now and I don't see any chance of improvement before the holidays. :depressed:

If I can make one suggestion that will really help: Work on your buoyancy now and try to learn how to stay in one place at one depth.

Good advice.

Once comfortable and quiet with buoyancy control, add some task loading. Shooting a DSMB or just prepping the DSMB to shoot.... whatever.

Buoyancy control is one thing, maintaining under load is something entirely different and if there's one thing UTD classes will do to you, it would be task loading.

So come down on Nov 7th on the spectre, we have a bunch of spots booked :)

or dec 19/20 for our "outer islands" 2-day trip ! Heh heh. Miguel/Santa Rosa will be awesome if we make it and Don is threatening to come also ....

Tempting! Maybe I can sneak away!

Oh yeah, great idea, Nick!! I think a number of us are planning on going on that trip :D

Would be fun to have another DIR lady to add to our group for the day....I'm sure the DM would really love that (hope to have Fabio again) :wink:

Thank you, Kathy. I do have family out in the San Fran area so would def be out on the west coast again. :D

Or I can come down to Catalina :wink:! Also I'll be in So Fla over the first weekend of Thanksgiving vacation if you happen to be there :D!

I can't wait! :D

I'd love to do that one Mike, but time and money are both issues for me right now and I don't see any chance of improvement before the holidays. :depressed:

Hey Michelle,

Maybe one of the guys Don, Ben, Kenn, Doc or someone will meet up with us for a dive or two and you can check some of this cool stuff out for yourself?

What do ya think? I bet we could make it happen :D.

Back
Top Bottom