Another UTD Essentials Report 10/9-10/11/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some of the biggest lessons were outside the text & caught me totally by surprise.

That pretty much sums up my current view on diving education and experience. The stuff in the books is important, but it doesn't/can't replace actual experiences and self-realization.

That pretty much sums up my current view on diving education and experience. The stuff in the books is important, but it doesn't/can't replace actual experiences and self-realization.

I agree -- But the info in these books IS suprisingly rich!

Last edited:
Hi, Kathy. Great report on your Essentials class, Don sounds like a great instructor. Your report was vivid and detailed enough to make me feel like I was there. :D Thanks for sharing with us.

Hi Sam,

Hopefully you'll make it back to the West coast one of these days & we can hop in the water :)!

Congratulations Kathy --- lets definitely dive together someday
We plan to be at Lobos Jan 2/3 (if our hangovers have dissipated by then enough to actually go near the water)

Congratulations Kathy --- lets definitely dive together someday. We plan to be at Lobos Jan 2/3 (if our hangovers have dissipated by then enough to actually go near the water)

Thanks Nick!

That would be a treat. Perhaps I'll make it down to So Cal before New Years.
I miss Catalina :D!

Student schedule: off from Dec 21-Jan 21 -- pondering dive opportunities :D!

Great reports Mike, Kathy and Mike! Thanks for sharing your experience. I hope to take the class sometime next year to work on the same things Mike M mentioned to better my photography skills.

Thanks Nick!

That would be a treat. Perhaps I'll make it down to So Cal before New Years.
I miss Catalina :D!

Student schedule: off from Dec 21-Jan 21 -- pondering dive opportunities :D!

So come down on Nov 7th on the spectre, we have a bunch of spots booked :)

or dec 19/20 for our "outer islands" 2-day trip ! Heh heh. Miguel/Santa Rosa will be awesome if we make it and Don is threatening to come also ....

Kathy,

You have me almost salivating at the fun that awaits me in December when I take the class with Don. It sounds like you not only learned a lot, but had a ton of fun as well and those two items really matter.

Peace,
Greg

So come down on Nov 7th on the spectre, we have a bunch of spots booked :) or dec 19/20 for our "outer islands" 2-day trip ! Heh heh. Miguel/Santa Rosa will be awesome if we make it and Don is threatening to come also ....

Tempting! Maybe I can sneak away!

Back
Top Bottom